Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-02-2019, 02:42 PM - 3 Likes   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by david94903 Quote
Reading this thread... I feel my LBA flaring up, LOL!!!!
That post of the two cases by @pschlute should be screened "NSFW".... not...safe....for......wallet.

- Craig

05-02-2019, 04:08 PM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
That post of the two cases by @pschlute should be screened "NSFW".... not...safe....for......wallet.

- Craig
Does anyone know what the colours of the plastic alignment buttons signify? I have mostly white, a couple of creamy yellow (e.g. M50mm/f2 and M50/f1.4, A 50mm/f1.7) a couple of A-series with a more distinct yellow, and I think I had a A-era Takumar zoom years ago with a red button.
05-02-2019, 04:41 PM - 1 Like   #48
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Gary H Perth Quote
Does anyone know what the colours of the plastic alignment buttons signify? I have mostly white, a couple of creamy yellow (e.g. M50mm/f2 and M50/f1.4, A 50mm/f1.7) a couple of A-series with a more distinct yellow, and I think I had a A-era Takumar zoom years ago with a red button.
The colours don't signify anything. the K and M series are mostly white. The A series tend to be more of a yellow-white or yellow. the 31 and 77 Ltd are green.

i think fading may turn white to yellow.
05-02-2019, 05:49 PM   #49
amateur dirt farmer / mod
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
and if I remember correctly, red indicated that the lens was a Takumar Bayonet, or sans SMC coatings....

05-02-2019, 06:50 PM - 2 Likes   #50
Pentaxian

F*300 is a winner, especially on crop.

also, Cosina 55mm 1.2 is pretty interesting and fun.
05-02-2019, 09:36 PM   #51
Lens Hoarder
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
The colours don't signify anything. the K and M series are mostly white. The A series tend to be more of a yellow-white or yellow. the 31 and 77 Ltd are green.

i think fading may turn white to yellow.
I have 60 some manual K-mount lenses. The alignment buttons range from pure white to cream. My impression has always been the yellowish buttons were originally cream and had darkened over time. I wonder whether more exposure to light darkened the cream buttons compared to lenses that remained stored in a case or drawer for forty years.

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
and if I remember correctly, red indicated that the lens was a Takumar Bayonet, or sans SMC coatings....
I think that is correct.
05-03-2019, 05:39 AM - 1 Like   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I have 60 some manual K-mount lenses. The alignment buttons range from pure white to cream. My impression has always been the yellowish buttons were originally cream and had darkened over time. I wonder whether more exposure to light darkened the cream buttons compared to lenses that remained stored in a case or drawer for forty years.

I think that is correct.
Thanks, all. I was interested but never so enthralled that I desperately needed to know. That pic of two cases of lenses with whitish buttons just reminded me. I have two M lenses that are is such good condition that they may never have seen sunlight (M200mm and M 80-200mm) and the buttons are really white. My two A lenses are distinctly yellow, but both are well-used. All my other K and M lenses are creamy to yellowish. Good point about the red button for the Takumars.
05-04-2019, 10:17 AM   #53
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
What's the difference between a Pentax-A and a Takumar-A?

05-04-2019, 11:08 AM - 1 Like   #54
Lens Hoarder
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mccririck Quote
What's the difference between a Pentax-A and a Takumar-A?
Generally, when ‘Takumar’ is applied to a K-Mount lens it designates a budget lens, usually without SMC coatings.
05-04-2019, 11:38 AM   #55
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mccririck Quote
Which of the macros would you recommend getting first?
A not so hidden gem is the Lester Dine 105mm F2.5. Get one with the A contact.

Other suggestions are:

K 30mm f2.8 (as others said)
K 50mm f1.2
Sigma 70mm f2.8
M 100mm f2.8
DA 300mm f4