Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
05-02-2019, 12:09 AM   #1

Anybody familiar with the ASAHI SMC Takumar 1:2/55?

Hi guys

Thank you for accepting me on this forum. Last week I stumbled onto a Asahi Pentax Spotmatic SPII with the 1:2/55 smc Takumar lens attached to it. I read a lot about the Takumar line.

So excited about the looks of this camera and the prospect of using it. Does anybody know how old this camera could be according to the serialnumbers. Body: 5421434 and Lens: 8078814?

Any links or info that you wanna share about this lens and camera? I ordered an adaptor for the lens so I can try to use it on my fuji x-t3.

Thanks

Dirk
Dirk Goris Photography (@dirkgorisphotography) ? Instagram photos and videos

Attached Images

05-02-2019, 02:11 AM - 1 Like   #2

Photos: Albums
Welcome!
About the lens (and here you can find about every lens of the Pentax family reviewed by the users):

SMC/Super-/Auto-Takumar 55mm F2 Reviews - M42 Screwmount Normal Primes - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
05-02-2019, 02:46 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Info on the Spotty II here:

Pentax Spotmatic II - Pentax M42 Screwmount Film SLRs - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications

Pentax lenses are generally well-regarded across the board - a friend of mine has a Canon 7D mk 2, and exclusively uses Pentax K-mount manual focus lenses using an adapter! (Why didn't she buy a Pentax body? Who knows...)
05-02-2019, 03:08 AM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
That's awesome, I wonder if that's the one that was stolen from me back in 1985?! ;-) My father had the very same, which I acquired - see my avatar :-) I think it's from the early 70s (edit: I've read 1971). Very good camera and lens. I think this model was considered a professional camera at the time. Hang on to it!

05-02-2019, 03:53 AM   #5

Original Poster
Then it has travelled a long way. I'm living in Belgium. :-) I will hang on to it. Can't wait to use it. Need to find a battery for it and a lens hood. Would like to have a metal square one. Thanks for replying.
05-02-2019, 10:59 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by microlight Quote
Pentax lenses are generally well-regarded across the - a friend of mine has a Canon 7D mk 2, and exclusively uses Pentax K-mount manual focus lenses using an adapter! (Why didn't she buy a Pentax body? Who knows...)
Well, once you've modified a K-mount lens to use it on a Canon FF it isn't a fully functional K-mount lens anymore...

The 55/2 is a fine lens. Optically it's the same as the 55/1.8...
05-02-2019, 12:40 PM - 1 Like   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by thisisforlife Quote
Need to find a battery for it and a lens hood
Always fun looking for batteries for older camera. Fortunately there are a lot great resources on this site to guide the way. A couple of links that might help you on the battery search. These ought to keep you busy and send you down the rabbit hole for awhile

Can't find batteries for older spotomatic - PentaxForums.com

amazon.com: Energizer 387S Low-Drain 1.55V Silver-Oxide Button Cell Battery: Health & Personal Care?tag=pentaxforums-20&