Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2019, 08:18 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Spotmatic four Takumar Lenses, Flash, Case all boxes- what should I pay?

Iíve come across a full Pentax Spotmatic Kit with 28mm F3.5, 50mm f1.8, 135mm f3.5, 200mm f5.6, Pentax Speedlight, Pentax camera bag, two Takumar filters, and all the original boxes, lens cases and manuals.
What do you think a fair price including shipping should be? Everything looks brand new, including the boxes.

05-20-2019, 09:28 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That is a hard question. The flash may be a bit of a collector's item. A quick glance estimate, assuming the 28/3.5 is the second version, the camera is SP, the lenses ST, and that most of the kit is useful to the buyer...$235? Edit: $235 is the value of each separately and parted out with little value assigned to other than the camera and lenses. The value as a package might be somewhat lower.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 05-20-2019 at 10:08 AM.
05-20-2019, 10:18 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would have to agree with stevebrot and my guess would be in a similar ballpark with $250 being the upper end of what I would consider. Having similar gear I probably paid about what he suggested but for S-M-C versions of those or similar lenses a Spotmatic F body and flash but the gear I bought like that came with a 6 month warranty as I got it. If you want to play with film at the suggest reasonable price it would be a good starter kit covering a very useful range. For many years I used a 28mm, 55mm, 135mm and 200mm with my Spotmatic F only expanding upon the gear within the last 3 years.
05-20-2019, 03:44 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by steamloco76 Quote
Iíve come across a full Pentax Spotmatic Kit with 28mm F3.5, 50mm f1.8, 135mm f3.5, 200mm f5.6, Pentax Speedlight, Pentax camera bag, two Takumar filters, and all the original boxes, lens cases and manuals.
What do you think a fair price including shipping should be? Everything looks brand new, including the boxes.
Unless it's had a cla including new light seals and mirror foam, there's a real possibility you will be paying for that on top of the purchase price. For no hands-on inspection, I'd hesitate to offer >US$150 + shipping for the lot.

05-20-2019, 04:35 PM   #5
Pentaxian

The only thing I see unusual here would be the boxes and cases. How much is that worth to you?
Spotmatics are easy to come by and cheap. Same for the lenses you listed. With patience you can get every item for ~$30(excluding the flash, bag, cases, etc, I can't comment on that) . Exception is the boxes and manuals.
Personally, if everything was mint, I'd give maybe $100 w/shipping. But I don't care about the packaging and such.
ETA: easy to come by and cheap does not mean they are crap. The Tak lenses you mentioned are really great lenses. Though no firsthand experience with the 200/5.6
05-20-2019, 04:40 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I appreciate the sage advice. Everything looks mint in the photos HOWEVER, the guy wants $330 shipped. Nope. I will pass!
05-20-2019, 07:13 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by steamloco76 Quote
I appreciate the sage advice. Everything looks mint in the photos HOWEVER, the guy wants $330 shipped. Nope. I will pass!
His price is Collector price, and a little rich at that. The boxes, manuals ad flash are the interesting part. A collector would put everything in a lighted glass case and look at it.
05-21-2019, 05:37 AM - 1 Like   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
His price is Collector price, and a little rich at that. The boxes, manuals ad flash are the interesting part. A collector would put everything in a lighted glass case and look at it.
If anybody is interested, heís down to $275 shipped and itís on FB Marketplace from Scranton, PA. I have no place to display a collection, so thatís the main reason I passed.