Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-29-2019, 08:39 AM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
The Takumar 15mm/3.5 and 20mm/4.5 are the wide angles that come immediately to mind. Both come in two versions that are optically identical but have different coatings: the earlier Super Takumar versions give a slightly less contrasty and less saturated rendering, while the later Super Multi Coated versions produce a "punchier" look. I personally use Takumars for my stills photography because of their ability to give an analogue style look on a digital camera, and I'd imagine that you should get a similar rendering style on 4K too.
Thank you for breaking it down to me about the Super Multi Coated versions, I will start to look in to them

---------- Post added 05-29-19 at 08:40 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by johnha Quote
How would you manage the EOS to M42 mount? Many adapters struggle to focus to infinity.
I was looking in to Novoflex and FotodioX Pro lens adapters for M42 to EOS

---------- Post added 05-29-19 at 08:42 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Well if you want a Pentax "Cinema" lens then there's really only one choice, the K28/2. Pentax's version of the Zeiss "Hollywood" Distagon 28/2.

Phil.
Thank you Phil, good to know about the K28/2, are there any other gems like that to have in my set?

---------- Post added 05-29-19 at 08:45 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
Great point!

It also implies that if the goal is to have a similar "look" across the collection of lenses, then they should all be lenses of similar eras with similar coatings.
Yes definetly a similar look is the goal, so I will try to have a full range of Super Multi Coated lenses, hopefully they will be the fastest as well. 15mm is crazy expensive, so I think I will have the 20mm as the widest lens in my set, but still thinking.

Thank you.

05-29-2019, 09:05 AM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UnFstudio Quote
Thank you Phil, good to know about the K28/2, are there any other gems like that to have in my set?
The other Zeiss/Pentax collaboration was the Takumar 15/3.5AL, which was also produced in a K-mount K15/3.5AL, K15/3.5 & A15/3.5. This is also supposed to be a good cinema lens.

Phil.
05-31-2019, 09:14 AM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
The other Zeiss/Pentax collaboration was the Takumar 15/3.5AL, which was also produced in a K-mount K15/3.5AL, K15/3.5 & A15/3.5. This is also supposed to be a good cinema lens.

Phil.
Both 28 and 15 mm lenses look great, I am definitely going to put them in my list, and both are made in m42 mounts, that is great - thank you!
05-31-2019, 09:18 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by UnFstudio Quote
Both 28 and 15 mm lenses look great, I am definitely going to put them in my list, and both are made in m42 mounts, that is great - thank you!
Oh, my bad, UnFstudio, the K28 f2 isn't an M42 lens, it's K mount (bayonet), of course.

05-31-2019, 10:49 AM   #20
Pentaxian

It is really interesting to see how many people are talking about legacy lenses to use for film projects for special looks, or work on rehousing of legacy lenses for all kinds of formats.
Get a bunch of old glass and try them out. Pentacon/Zeiss Jena made a lot of M42 lenses that wil suit you. Flektogon 20 should work for you. A crop factor of 1.7 is really limiting.

Hard to find a decent Hollywood 28 these days. Mine will stay in photography :-)