Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-07-2019, 09:00 PM   #31
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Roaming Quote
...but one thing that perturbs me/ scares me off if the Docking Cradle thing, the necessity of calibration is outside my skill set , or is this a 'pixel peeper' thing. Guidance on this would be greatly appreciated.
It's a bit tedious but not difficult. You need the dock, a focus chart, natural light, a measuring tape, and maybe a few quick YouTube tutorials to get you going. Once you get into it, it's easy enough. I've only done it once when I first bought the lens, haven't needed to again but I imagine it might need to be done every so often. My copy of the lens wasn't too out of whack but some microadjusting of the closer range was helpful. Other copies sometimes need more adjusting.

07-20-2019, 12:16 AM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
This link shows what can be achieved with a K-70 and 16-85/3.5-5.6 kit lens. I don't think the f/3.5 restriction of the 28-105 will be an issue, more likely technique, patience, planning and persistence are needed by the photographer:

PENTAX: The choice for astrophotography - RICOH IMAGING EUROPE S.A.S
07-20-2019, 12:42 AM   #33
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxMuc Quote
Lens Decision for new K1
Save all this messing about... just go get a "Harem", then you can take on all comers.