Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-11-2019, 09:14 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Lens Hood For DFA 28-105

What is the lens hood that fits/comes with this lens? Mine has gone missing somehow.

Iíve looked around at a couple of websites, but canít seem to figure out which one to get.

Iím in the process of selling the house and becoming a full-time RVer. Which means that I need to reorganize all my stuff and how I carry it the truck. When I unpacked everything I discovered the 28-105 was missing itís hood and I canít find it (but did find the long-time missing hood for another lens).

I want to order a new one as I use it a lot, but canít figure out which one to order.

06-11-2019, 09:17 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mtngal Quote
What is the lens hood that fits/comes with this lens? Mine has gone missing somehow.

I’ve looked around at a couple of websites, but can’t seem to figure out which one to get.

I’m in the process of selling the house and becoming a full-time RVer. Which means that I need to reorganize all my stuff and how I carry it the truck. When I unpacked everything I discovered the 28-105 was missing it’s hood and I can’t find it (but did find the long-time missing hood for another lens).

I want to order a new one as I use it a lot, but can’t figure out which one to order.
PH-RBC62

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/850532-REG/Pentax_38769_PH_RBC62_Lens_Hood_62mm.html

Phil.

Last edited by gofour3; 06-11-2019 at 09:24 AM. Reason: added web link
06-11-2019, 09:47 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Ah, ha! Thank you VERY much!

I had just read a review on Amazon that said it didnít fit their unspecified lens and someone else said it only fit the 18-135. I didnít get as far as the question on B&H that said it would.

Of course, since Iím going to be ordering from B&H, thereís a limited lens I want but donít really need... And I was looking at Pelican cases but bought the Apache case from Harbor Freight, a Pelican case for comparison and extra storage would be cheaper than the lens...

Iíd be better off paying for postage, but whatís the fun in that?
06-11-2019, 10:05 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
PH-RBC62
Yep, that's the one. A mere slip of a hood. It never occurred to me that it's the same one as on the DA 18-135. Good to know in case I ever lose one, as I'd never pack those two lenses simultaneously.

06-11-2019, 04:49 PM - 1 Like   #5
dbs
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mtngal Quote
(but did find the long-time missing hood for another lens).
Has this lens absconded with the 28 - 105 's hood...

Dave
06-11-2019, 09:44 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
LOL! I wish they had only gotten switched, but the found lens hood was for the DFA 100 macro, so not a chance!
06-11-2019, 10:24 PM - 1 Like   #7
dbs
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Only half a score then.......maybe another lens took a liking to it...or.....bag....they are just as sneaky

Dave
06-12-2019, 01:54 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I had been betting on the truck, but no such luck.

It was a lens case that I use for hiking (attach it to the hip strap of my hydration pack) that swallowed the macro lens hood. I was feeling desperate for the 28-105 hood, so I went through every camera bag and lens case I own looking for it.

It turned out B&H offered free shipping for the hood, so I didnít buy anything else. I was sure tempted by a couple of items, but resisted (with effort). It should be here Friday.

06-12-2019, 03:12 PM   #9
dbs
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some time in the future you just know that it will magically appear.

But for now you can shoot to the stars.

Put this one under lock and key

Dave