Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
6 Days Ago   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Vivitar 28 mm 1:2.8 Auto VMC Manual stucked Aperture

I have purchased for 8 euro a VIVITAR 28 MM 1:2.8 VMC but has a little problem the aperture is stucked.. I guess is Full Open at 2.8
I have used with my K-01 and K 5 II and is really sharp and cool.. may I use also in that way(any tips for settings) or should I try to repair(not to myself )?

6 Days Ago   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Have you enabled aperture ring on both cameras? On the K-5II...
menu --> C (custom setting) --> 27. Using Aperture Ring
Once that is done, the camera will still expose with the lens wide open in other than M, X, and B modes. In auto exposure modes (P, Tv, Sv, Av, TAv) the camera defaults to Av mode at maximum aperture only.

For metering with your new lens, you will be limited to stop-down metering. This should be helpful...

Manual Metering on Pentax DSLRs with Manual and Automatic Lenses - PentaxForums.com

or this video:

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 6 Days Ago at 10:17 AM.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
aperture, auto vmc, k-mount, mm, mm 1:2.8 auto, pentax lens, slr lens, vivitar, vivitar 28 mm, vmc