Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-25-2019, 04:16 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Photos of lens glass

Hi everyone. I am will be posting one or two lens in the marketplace to sell (Tamron 70-200 & DA* 55). My problem is trying to photograph the lens glass without reflections. I have tried different angles, light from the front & rear, PL filter. I probably need to have a completely blank background both in front & behind the lens, but then that will block the light.
How do you folks do this?

06-25-2019, 08:09 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What are you trying to show? How good the lens coating is and/or whether there is any dust (there will be!)

Here are a few shots of lens I sold on Ebay. I think the reflections actually help show the quality of the lens. The lenses are turned 30-45 degrees from head on and side lit, generally with fairly uniform lighting obtained by shining a light through semi-transparent white cloth.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
06-27-2019, 02:23 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thank you AstroDave. The photos you show is what I am trying to show, especially the first two. I will try the the method you described.
Again, thank you.