Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 16 Likes Search this Thread
06-26-2019, 11:33 PM - 1 Like   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TerryL Quote
Definitely get a K1, you will absolutely love it.
But don't tell us if you get one for $425 - please

06-27-2019, 01:01 AM - 1 Like   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Well, what to say? Only one thing: Congratulations!
I used to make bargain package deals like this, but I thougt those days were long gone.
About the A*300mm f4: "best lightweight hand-holdable long telephoto there is in all of God's creation." Quote from Stan's Pentax Photography Site, Stan's Pentax Photography

Kjell
06-27-2019, 04:43 AM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
What is also of interest is the macro focusing 2x teleconverter, especially if it is a PKA mount not PK. It is unique because it has a focusing helicopter with if I recall correctly either 25 or 50 mm off extension capability, which turns a 50mm normal lens into a 100mm macro with 1:1 capability,

I have seen it with The contacts for KA mount but I only have the Kversion myself
Oh wow, I totally overlooked that on the list. Lowell is right. That thing is pretty cool. I used to have one, but sold it years ago and I've kicked myself ever since. Pair it with one of those 50mm lenses and you'll have an uber-cheap macro set-up.
06-27-2019, 08:43 AM   #34

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
As you have plenty of manual lenses you should check out catch in focus. It's like manual AF
Will do, thanks! I don't think I ever stumbled into this feature with my Kr.

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
What is also of interest is the macro focusing 2x teleconverter, especially if it is a PKA mount not PK. It is unique because it has a focusing helicopter with if I recall correctly either 25 or 50 mm off extension capability, which turns a 50mm normal lens into a 100mm macro with 1:1 capability,
I'm pretty curious about this one as well, looking forward to experimenting. As far as I've been able to work out, it's the same piece that this thread is about:
Vivitar 2x Macro Focusing Tele Converter: definitive thread - PentaxForums.com

QuoteOriginally posted by bilybianca Quote
"best lightweight hand-holdable long telephoto there is in all of God's creation."
Awesome! It's been my favorite of the bunch so far even just mucking around with my life-support Kr.