Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2019, 06:33 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
IMO the 16-50 works very well in cities. 16mm is wider than many other general purpose zooms, helpful for photographing buildings. F2.8 is good when indoors or photographing night street scenes. It's weather resistant, a feature lacking from many 3rd party lenses.

Colors and contrast from my copy of the 16-50 are superb. Some users complain the lens is not sharp but my experience is that it's competitive with other travel zooms. F2.8 is a little soft but still usable for low light or thin depth of field.
That's my experience also. It's my most used lens when traveling, family gatherings, boating, fishing, events, etc. OTOH, if I had a 16-85, that might be used more, especially outdoors.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
16-50mm, da*, da* 16-50mm f2.8, f2.8, k-mount, pentax lens, price, sdm, slr lens