Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-09-2008, 03:13 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
one of the better deals

Some time ago I went out. I thought I know it all and so on and on... I ended up with Vivitar 28-70. Cheap zoom with one touch zoom-focus ring, A position on apperture ring, metal construction and miserable IQ. It came in box with all paperwork and everything, as old new stock. I paid for it £20. Only times I used it was when I was when I was taking pics of my other lenses when I wanted to have them all in the shot. Well that was when the story begun...
Then I discovered some shops in London that deal old lenses, and I thought I'd try my luck. After couple of failed attempts I found one shopkeeper who was willing to part-exchange my Vivitar. I checked all shop up and down, from the bottom shelf to the vindows. The only thing I found was Sigma 24 super wide II with A position but MF and f2.8. And although it was kind of lens I was really after, it's asking price of £70 and MF wasn't all that tempting. As I was preparing to leave the shop I noticed that one of the Pentax film SLR on the shelves had somewhat different lens then the rest (which were Ms and As of 50 f1.4). This camera being the SF7 had Pentax F50 f1.7 in mint condition. The price for the kit was £99.99 so I dared to ask the shopkeeper how much would he want for the lens alone. To my surprise he was willing to exhange for my Vivitar....
needless to say more, hey you all the 50ers finaly here I come...
I know it's not so much prefered 1,4 version but my first impressions are great. some more pics will come soon

Attached Images

Last edited by axl; 10-09-2008 at 03:47 PM. Reason: just corrected few things...
10-09-2008, 03:21 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That was a good deal on the exchange. I have this lens and intend to keep it. Its very sharp, renders natural color and has great bokeh. Enjoy it and post some pics.