Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-10-2008, 12:00 PM   #1

Disassamble Auto Takumar?

Hi there! I have a Auto Takumar 85mm/1.8 that I sometime in the future (since it works I'm not in a hurry) will dissasamble and grease the aperture ring thats stiff. Has anyone exprecience and tips with repairing the Auto Takumars?

10-10-2008, 01:49 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I recently repaired an Auto-Takumar 35mm f3.5, but I don't know if your lens is anything like mine. A thread about it on mflenses.com

I started by unscrewing the hood and the ring around the front element (they were threaded). After that there were three small screws holding the focusing barrel in place. After that I unscrewed a locking ring (using a lens spanner) which was holding the complete lens assembly inside the lens body.

Body on the left, lens assembly (with aperture blades inside it) in the middle, locking ring on the right:

Aperture mechanism (apart from the aperture blades which are moved via a lever on the lens assembly) was at the bottom of the body. I cleaned the clicking mechanism (there is small steel ball under a spring plate which makes it "click" be careful not to lose it) with some lighter fluid and and regreased it with a very small amount of some kind of vaseline i had.

In the picture the actual aperture ring (and the ring with the depth of field scales) has also been removed but that was not necessary in my case. Of course there might be some dirt between the aperture ring and the body so it might be worth a check.

It has been a few weeks since I did this so I might be forgetting something.
I hope this helps!