Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2019, 04:29 AM - 2 Likes   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2015
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,431
Help, help, my product release schedule is being repressed!

Come and see the violence inherent in the forums...

-Eric

07-26-2019, 04:51 AM - 2 Likes   #17
Pentaxian
bdery's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec city, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 7,876
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
"What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen D-FA*85/1.4?"
QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
"What do you mean? A DSLR 85 or a MILC 85?"
Great lines, fellows!
07-26-2019, 08:45 AM - 7 Likes   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Goldsboro North Carolina
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,907
"Your mother was a point-and-shoot owner, and your father smells of lens cleaning fluid."
07-26-2019, 12:49 PM   #19
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hielands o' Scootlund
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 51,419
QuoteOriginally posted by shardulm Quote
when is this coming....
I've already had my “Sweetheart” (Pentax-A* 85mm F1.4) for years...

07-26-2019, 01:21 PM   #20
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Western Canada
Posts: 8,581
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
I've already had my “Sweetheart” (Pentax-A* 85mm F1.4) for years...


Does the imply that you're getting the 7 year itch ?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&cad=rja&uac...Zpu_fYj07QiWuL
07-26-2019, 01:39 PM   #21
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hielands o' Scootlund
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 51,419
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Does the imply that you're getting the 7 year itch ?
As I got mine around 1984... does this make it the 35 year itch?
07-26-2019, 01:46 PM - 1 Like   #22
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Western Canada
Posts: 8,581
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
As I got mine around 1984... does this make it the 35 year itch?
Ooooh...I don't know how to tell you this, but that's even worse. I would advise consulting a good dermatologist...you don't have a minute to lose.
07-26-2019, 03:34 PM - 1 Like   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
BigMackCam's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North-East of England
Posts: 16,040
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
As I got mine around 1984... does this make it the 35 year itch?
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Ooooh...I don't know how to tell you this, but that's even worse. I would advise consulting a good dermatologist...you don't have a minute to lose.
Since our good friend Kerrowdown is a Scot, might I suggest this is a bad case of "jock itch"? (sorry, Kerrow... couldn't resist )...

07-27-2019, 05:23 AM - 3 Likes   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
EssJayEff's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: near Saxapahaw, NC
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 328
Scene 10: The Ricoh Sects or Sir Gallahad Faces Peril Valiantly
[trumpets]
NARRATOR:The Tale of Sir Galahad.
[boom]
[wind]
[howl]
[howl]
[boom]
[angels singing]
[howl]
[boom]
[howl]
[boom]
[pound pound pound]
GALAHAD: Open the door! Open the door!
[pound pound pound]
GALAHAD: In the name of King Arthur, open the door!
[creak]
[thump]
[creak]
[boom]
GIRLS: Hello!
ZOOT: Welcome, gentle Sir Knight. Welcome to the Castle Pentax.
GALAHAD: The Castle Pentax?
ZOOT: Yes. Oh, it's not a very good name, is it? Oh, but we are nice and we will attend to your every, every need!
GALAHAD: You are the keepers of the Holy MILC?
ZOOT: The what?
GALAHAD: The PENTAX MIRRORLESS CAMERA. It is here.
ZOOT: Oh, but you are tired and you must rest awhile. Midget! Crapper!
MIDGET and CRAPPER: Yes, O Zoot?
ZOOT: Prepare a bed for our guest.
MIDGET and CRAPPER: Oh, thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!...
ZOOT: Away! Away, varletesses. The beds here are warm and soft and very, very big.
GALAHAD: Well, look, I-- I, uh--
ZOOT: What is your name, handsome knight?
GALAHAD: 'Sir Galahad... the Photographer'.
ZOOT: Mine is 'Zoot'. Just 'Zoot'. Oh, but come.
GALAHAD: Look, please! In God's name, show me the Pentax MILC!
ZOOT: Oh, you have suffered much. You are delirious.
GALAHAD: No, look. I have seen it! It is here in this--
ZOOT: Sir Galahad! You would not be so ungallant as to refuse to use our mirrored cameras.
GALAHAD: Well, I-- I, uh--
ZOOT: Oh, I am afraid our mirrored cameras must seem very dull and quaint compared to others. Our castle is but five score years old, but we have dozens of legacy lenses. We’ve been cut off in this castle with no one to upgrade us. Oooh. It is a lonely life: slow autofocus, mediocre video, few modern lenses, knitting exciting lens bags. We are just not used to handsome cameras. Nay. Nay. Come. Come. You may lie here. Oh, but I see you are emotionally wounded!
GALAHAD: No, no. It's-- it's nothing.
ZOOT: Oh, you must see the camera developers immediately! No, no, please! Lie down.
[clap clap]
RICOH: Well, what seems to be the trouble?
GALAHAD: They're developers?!
ZOOT: Uh, they... have a basic optical training, yes.
GALAHAD: B-- but--
ZOOT: Oh, come. Come. You must try to rest. Doctor Pixel! Doctor Ricoh! Practice your art.
RICOH: Try to relax.
GALAHAD: Are you sure that's absolutely necessary?
PIXEL: We must examine you.
GALAHAD: There's nothing wrong with that!
RICOH: Please. We are camera developers.
GALAHAD: Look! This cannot be. I am sworn to weather-sealed bodies.
PIXEL: Back to your bed! At once! And NO peeping . . . well maybe a little . . .
GALAHAD: Torment me no longer. I have seen the MILC!
RICOH: There's no MILC here.
GALAHAD: I have seen it! I have seen it!
[clank]
I have seen--
GIRLS: Hello.
GALAHAD: Oh.
GIRLS: Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello.
GALAHAD: Zoot!
DINGO: No, I am Zoot's identical twin sister, Dingo.
GALAHAD: Oh, well, excuse me, I--
DINGO: Where are you going?
GALAHAD: I seek the MILC! I have seen it, here in this castle!
DINGO: Oh, no. Oh, no! Bad, bad Zoot!
GALAHAD: Well, what is it?
DINGO: Oh, wicked, bad, naughty Zoot! She has been setting alight to our K-01 beacon, which, I have just remembered, is MILC-shaped. It's not the first time we've had this problem.
GALAHAD: That’s not the real Pentax MILC?
DINGO: Oh, wicked, bad, naughty, evil Zoot! She is a bad person and must pay the penalty! And here in Castle Pentax, we have but one punishment for setting alight the MILC-shaped beacon: you must tie her down and make her listen to mirror slap.
GIRLS: Mirror slap! Mirror slap!
DINGO: You must use a Pentax 67 with lots of mirror slap, and after you have finished with her, you may deal with her as you like, and then, make the Pentax 67 mirror slap for me.
AMAZING: And mirror slap for me.
STUNNER: And me.
LOVELY: And me.
DINGO: Yes. Yes, you must give us all a good mirror slapping!
GIRLS: A slapping! A slapping! There is going to be mirror slapping!
DINGO: And after the mirror slapping, the mirror lock up.
GIRLS: The MLU! The MLU!
GALAHAD: Well, I could stay a bit longer.
LANCELOT: Sir Galahad!
GALAHAD: Oh, hello.
LANCELOT: Quick!
GALAHAD: What?
LANCELOT: Quick!
GALAHAD: Why?
LANCELOT: You are in great peril!
DINGO: No, he isn't.
LANCELOT: Silence, foul temptress!
GALAHAD: You know, she's got a point.
LANCELOT: Come on! We will cover your escape!
GALAHAD: Look, I'm fine!
LANCELOT: Come on!
GIRLS: Sir Galahad!
GALAHAD: No. Look, I can tackle this lot single-handed!
DINGO: Yes! Let him tackle us single-handed!
GIRLS: Yes! Let him tackle us single-handed!
LANCELOT: No, Sir Galahad. Come on!
GALAHAD: No! Really! Honestly, I can cope. I can handle this lot easily.
DINGO: Oh, yes. Let him handle us easily.
GIRLS: Yes. Let him handle us easily.
LANCELOT: No. Quick! Quick!
GALAHAD: Please! I can photograph them with the Pentax 67! There's only a hundred-and-fifty of them! I’ll only need one brick of 120 roll film.
DINGO: Yes! Yes, he will photograph us easily! We haven't a chance.
GIRLS: We haven't a chance. He will photograph us easily...
[boom]
DINGO: Oh, #$&!.
LANCELOT: We were in the nick of time. You were in great peril.
GALAHAD: I don't think I was.
LANCELOT: Yes, you were. You were in terrible peril.
GALAHAD: Look, let me go back in there and face the peril.
LANCELOT: No, it's too perilous.
GALAHAD: Look, it's my duty as a knight to sample as much peril as I can.
LANCELOT: No, we've got to find the Holy Pentax MILC. Come on!
GALAHAD: Oh, let me have just a little bit of peril?
LANCELOT: No. It's unhealthy.
GALAHAD: I bet you're a Sony fanboy.
LANCELOT: No, I'm not.

Last edited by EssJayEff; 07-27-2019 at 05:57 AM. Reason: slight tweaks
07-27-2019, 02:58 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
TerryL's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Virginia, USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 847
QuoteOriginally posted by shardulm Quote
Where is it and when is this coming....
I'm tired of waiting. I'm getting a FA 85mm.
07-27-2019, 03:09 PM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
BigMackCam's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North-East of England
Posts: 16,040
QuoteOriginally posted by TerryL Quote
I'm tired of waiting. I'm getting a FA 85mm.
Good man! It's long been my position that it's quite pointless waiting for new products unless you know for certain the release date, and you're prepared - as an early adopter - to be a guinea pig (or, perhaps a somewhat kinder term, "unpaid user-acceptance test operative" ). If you really need, or really want, a fast 85mm lens, why wait? Every day of waiting is a day of shooting wasted
07-27-2019, 04:08 PM - 1 Like   #27
Pentaxian
swanlefitte's Avatar

Join Date: May 2015
Location: New Orleans
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,342
They were forced to eat the mirrorless minstrel and there was much rejoicing. A year past winter turned into spring, spring into summer...
07-28-2019, 12:31 AM   #28
Pentaxian




Join Date: Feb 2015
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,288
We have time. The Nikon Z 85 1.8 isn't yet released.
07-28-2019, 09:03 AM   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Cumming, GA
Posts: 792
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by EssJayEff Quote
Scene 10: The Ricoh Sects or Sir Gallahad Faces Peril Valiantly
[trumpets]
NARRATOR:The Tale of Sir Galahad.
[boom]
[wind]
[howl]
[howl]
[boom]
[angels singing]
[howl]
[boom]
[howl]
[boom]
[pound pound pound]
GALAHAD: Open the door! Open the door!
[pound pound pound]
GALAHAD: In the name of King Arthur, open the door!
[creak]
[thump]
[creak]
[boom]
GIRLS: Hello!
ZOOT: Welcome, gentle Sir Knight. Welcome to the Castle Pentax.
GALAHAD: The Castle Pentax?
ZOOT: Yes. Oh, it's not a very good name, is it? Oh, but we are nice and we will attend to your every, every need!
GALAHAD: You are the keepers of the Holy MILC?
ZOOT: The what?
GALAHAD: The PENTAX MIRRORLESS CAMERA. It is here.
ZOOT: Oh, but you are tired and you must rest awhile. Midget! Crapper!
MIDGET and CRAPPER: Yes, O Zoot?
ZOOT: Prepare a bed for our guest.
MIDGET and CRAPPER: Oh, thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!...
ZOOT: Away! Away, varletesses. The beds here are warm and soft and very, very big.
GALAHAD: Well, look, I-- I, uh--
ZOOT: What is your name, handsome knight?
GALAHAD: 'Sir Galahad... the Photographer'.
ZOOT: Mine is 'Zoot'. Just 'Zoot'. Oh, but come.
GALAHAD: Look, please! In God's name, show me the Pentax MILC!
ZOOT: Oh, you have suffered much. You are delirious.
GALAHAD: No, look. I have seen it! It is here in this--
ZOOT: Sir Galahad! You would not be so ungallant as to refuse to use our mirrored cameras.
GALAHAD: Well, I-- I, uh--
ZOOT: Oh, I am afraid our mirrored cameras must seem very dull and quaint compared to others. Our castle is but five score years old, but we have dozens of legacy lenses. We’ve been cut off in this castle with no one to upgrade us. Oooh. It is a lonely life: slow autofocus, mediocre video, few modern lenses, knitting exciting lens bags. We are just not used to handsome cameras. Nay. Nay. Come. Come. You may lie here. Oh, but I see you are emotionally wounded!
GALAHAD: No, no. It's-- it's nothing.
ZOOT: Oh, you must see the camera developers immediately! No, no, please! Lie down.
[clap clap]
RICOH: Well, what seems to be the trouble?
GALAHAD: They're developers?!
ZOOT: Uh, they... have a basic optical training, yes.
GALAHAD: B-- but--
ZOOT: Oh, come. Come. You must try to rest. Doctor Pixel! Doctor Ricoh! Practice your art.
RICOH: Try to relax.
GALAHAD: Are you sure that's absolutely necessary?
PIXEL: We must examine you.
GALAHAD: There's nothing wrong with that!
RICOH: Please. We are camera developers.
GALAHAD: Look! This cannot be. I am sworn to weather-sealed bodies.
PIXEL: Back to your bed! At once! And NO peeping . . . well maybe a little . . .
GALAHAD: Torment me no longer. I have seen the MILC!
RICOH: There's no MILC here.
GALAHAD: I have seen it! I have seen it!
[clank]
I have seen--
GIRLS: Hello.
GALAHAD: Oh.
GIRLS: Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello.
GALAHAD: Zoot!
DINGO: No, I am Zoot's identical twin sister, Dingo.
GALAHAD: Oh, well, excuse me, I--
DINGO: Where are you going?
GALAHAD: I seek the MILC! I have seen it, here in this castle!
DINGO: Oh, no. Oh, no! Bad, bad Zoot!
GALAHAD: Well, what is it?
DINGO: Oh, wicked, bad, naughty Zoot! She has been setting alight to our K-01 beacon, which, I have just remembered, is MILC-shaped. It's not the first time we've had this problem.
GALAHAD: That’s not the real Pentax MILC?
DINGO: Oh, wicked, bad, naughty, evil Zoot! She is a bad person and must pay the penalty! And here in Castle Pentax, we have but one punishment for setting alight the MILC-shaped beacon: you must tie her down and make her listen to mirror slap.
GIRLS: Mirror slap! Mirror slap!
DINGO: You must use a Pentax 67 with lots of mirror slap, and after you have finished with her, you may deal with her as you like, and then, make the Pentax 67 mirror slap for me.
AMAZING: And mirror slap for me.
STUNNER: And me.
LOVELY: And me.
DINGO: Yes. Yes, you must give us all a good mirror slapping!
GIRLS: A slapping! A slapping! There is going to be mirror slapping!
DINGO: And after the mirror slapping, the mirror lock up.
GIRLS: The MLU! The MLU!
GALAHAD: Well, I could stay a bit longer.
LANCELOT: Sir Galahad!
GALAHAD: Oh, hello.
LANCELOT: Quick!
GALAHAD: What?
LANCELOT: Quick!
GALAHAD: Why?
LANCELOT: You are in great peril!
DINGO: No, he isn't.
LANCELOT: Silence, foul temptress!
GALAHAD: You know, she's got a point.
LANCELOT: Come on! We will cover your escape!
GALAHAD: Look, I'm fine!
LANCELOT: Come on!
GIRLS: Sir Galahad!
GALAHAD: No. Look, I can tackle this lot single-handed!
DINGO: Yes! Let him tackle us single-handed!
GIRLS: Yes! Let him tackle us single-handed!
LANCELOT: No, Sir Galahad. Come on!
GALAHAD: No! Really! Honestly, I can cope. I can handle this lot easily.
DINGO: Oh, yes. Let him handle us easily.
GIRLS: Yes. Let him handle us easily.
LANCELOT: No. Quick! Quick!
GALAHAD: Please! I can photograph them with the Pentax 67! There's only a hundred-and-fifty of them! I’ll only need one brick of 120 roll film.
DINGO: Yes! Yes, he will photograph us easily! We haven't a chance.
GIRLS: We haven't a chance. He will photograph us easily...
[boom]
DINGO: Oh, #$&!.
LANCELOT: We were in the nick of time. You were in great peril.
GALAHAD: I don't think I was.
LANCELOT: Yes, you were. You were in terrible peril.
GALAHAD: Look, let me go back in there and face the peril.
LANCELOT: No, it's too perilous.
GALAHAD: Look, it's my duty as a knight to sample as much peril as I can.
LANCELOT: No, we've got to find the Holy Pentax MILC. Come on!
GALAHAD: Oh, let me have just a little bit of peril?
LANCELOT: No. It's unhealthy.
GALAHAD: I bet you're a Sony fanboy.
LANCELOT: No, I'm not.
This could just use a light heart dislike.

---------- Post added 07-28-19 at 12:08 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Great lines, fellows!
what do you know? Reveal pls.

---------- Post added 07-28-19 at 12:10 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Did you miss the pre-order? Mine's awesome
So looks like you have a pre-release copy... (thinking)

Last edited by BigMackCam; 07-28-2019 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Selling only allowed in Marketplace
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
dingo, girls, k-mount, look, milc, mirror, pentax, pentax lens, pentax news, pentax rumors, peril, sir, slr lens
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Landscape Lined up on the Lake RobG Post Your Photos! 7 07-18-2016 07:41 PM
Landscape Photographers lined up to shoot moonbows in Yosemite. uday029 Post Your Photos! 6 04-27-2016 06:23 AM
For Sale - Sold: (all sold ) FA 31mm f1.8, FA 77mm f1.8, FA 20mm f2.8, FA 100mm f2.8macro, F50mm f1,7 redpigeons Sold Items 8 01-12-2016 08:43 AM
For Sale - Sold: Pentax fa*85, a*85, fa*43, fa*31, fa*200, fa*28-70 chirocanonpan Sold Items 35 03-15-2013 11:25 PM
Pentax ML-60 AF Cross-Lined Focus Screen Dionisis_K Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 2 01-17-2012 02:42 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:51 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top