Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-10-2008, 08:26 PM   #1
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,915
Overinflated Sense of Worth

bored so took a peek at the local craiglist for "Deals"

SMC PENTAX-A ZOOM 1:35~4.5 35-70mm
SMC PENTAX-A ZOOM 1:35~4.5 35-70mm - $200 (North York)

10-10-2008, 08:32 PM   #2
Kei
Senior Member




Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 207
Lots of lowballers are sending offers on craiglist. Probably the seller preped up the price for bargain; but indeed this insane initial price would scare away people who genuinely are interested in the lens.
10-10-2008, 08:56 PM   #3
Veteran Member
FotoPete's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,710
Ugh I know there's been alot of inflation in legacy glass but thats just crazy lol.
10-10-2008, 09:04 PM   #4
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,915
Original Poster
some good deals tho
Pentax A70-210mm F4 Macro (2 lenses)
pentax auto focus 28-70mm f/4 AL fits any pentax digital slr

10-10-2008, 09:10 PM   #5
Veteran Member
FotoPete's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,710
oye, I think I've reached a point where my LBA has hit the cap. I don't feel it as strongly. I already got a cabinet full of lenses. LoL

The recent plummet of the Canadian $ has just about ruled out eBay and I haven't been down to Henrys in a while. (bank balance is safe for..now..lol)
10-10-2008, 09:29 PM   #6
Kei
Senior Member




Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 207
QuoteOriginally posted by FotoPete Quote
oye, I think I've reached a point where my LBA has hit the cap. I don't feel it as strongly. I already got a cabinet full of lenses. LoL

The recent plummet of the Canadian $ has just about ruled out eBay and I haven't been down to Henrys in a while. (bank balance is safe for..now..lol)
I certainly hear u. The drop in Canadian $ makes buying in eBay worse than paying the GST+PST. I will have to stick with the local B&M stores, or better yet, buy online to ship from outside of Ontario (but within Canada) to save the PST.
10-10-2008, 11:22 PM   #7
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto (for now)
Posts: 1,749
Just pester the 4 stores (henry, DT, Aden, Vistek) until one bites, one always bites and it's usually Aden who are great guys.
10-11-2008, 12:13 AM   #8
Senior Member
bentax's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: West Australia
Posts: 190
QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
bored so took a peek at the local craiglist for "Deals"

SMC PENTAX-A ZOOM 1:35~4.5 35-70mm
SMC PENTAX-A ZOOM 1:35~4.5 35-70mm - $200 (North York)
Im selling one of them soon. Was hoping to fetch about 10% of that price

10-11-2008, 06:01 PM   #9
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,915
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bentax Quote
Im selling one of them soon. Was hoping to fetch about 10% of that price
i have an F and i was thinking of giving it away
the lens does nothing while it sits in my drawer
10-11-2008, 06:52 PM   #10
Veteran Member
FotoPete's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,710
QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
i have an F and i was thinking of giving it away
the lens does nothing while it sits in my drawer
Can I take you up on that offer? =P
10-11-2008, 09:35 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Frazier Park, CA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 835
An F 70-210 for free? I'd take that one any day and pay shipping - I loved mine until a gear broke and I suddenly had a nice 70mm lens instead of a zoom. Been wanting to replace it with something else, but haven't been able to swing anything that I can afford.
10-11-2008, 10:13 PM   #12
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,915
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by FotoPete Quote
Can I take you up on that offer? =P
sent you a pm

QuoteOriginally posted by mtngal Quote
An F 70-210 for free? I'd take that one any day and pay shipping - I loved mine until a gear broke and I suddenly had a nice 70mm lens instead of a zoom. Been wanting to replace it with something else, but haven't been able to swing anything that I can afford.
it's a F 35-70. and FotoPete called it first
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
35-70mm, k-mount, pentax lens, pentax-a, slr lens, smc
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentax SDM lenses, how much they are really worth or are they worth it? Pentaxor Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 20 01-17-2015 11:32 PM
The Latest vs My Activity makes no sense to me foxglove Site Suggestions and Help 0 09-01-2010 07:51 AM
Do RML's posts make sense to you? Ash General Talk 46 11-09-2009 11:22 AM
Common sense... at last cateto Pentax News and Rumors 93 03-18-2009 05:31 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:20 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top