Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2020, 03:42 PM - 1 Like   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just wipe it again. I can't believe four pages just to wipe off a fingerprint.

01-02-2020, 03:57 PM - 1 Like   #62
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Warm breath and clean cloth
01-03-2020, 07:57 AM   #63
Veteran Member

For several years I've use Zeiss Lens Cleaning Wipes, prepackaged and very easy to use, especially in the field. I've never had to use them for a finger print but don't see why they wouldn't work well. Purchased in quantity from Amazon they cost about 6 cents each. My thinking is that if anyone should know how to clean lenses Zeiss should.
01-03-2020, 12:20 PM   #64
Lev
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wanderer2 Quote
For several years I've use Zeiss Lens Cleaning Wipes, prepackaged and very easy to use, especially in the field. I've never had to use them for a finger print but don't see why they wouldn't work well. Purchased in quantity from Amazon they cost about 6 cents each. My thinking is that if anyone should know how to clean lenses Zeiss should.
As I said, I was just amazed how easily I cleaned the front element of two of my lenses, sadly can't say the same about the rear one.

One thing is certain that unlike the front one, the rear one requires dry cleaning right after wet to remove things left by the Zeiss. Did I check the front carefully? At least I didn't noticed anything. One thing which came to my mind is that I could continue to wipe with Zeiss paper until it gets dry, because it's drying out really quickly, so it might pick up remaining solution itself.