Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-13-2019, 04:03 AM - 1 Like   #31
Bui

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Hello, thank you very much for a lot of useful advises. And yes you are right, I'm quite new to macro photography, wanting to give it a try. And also I plan to use it as a normal telephoto lens, as the longest prime I have currently is the 70mm, and while I have also the 50-135 and 55-300 that cover 100mm, I don't always bring them.

If cost is no issue, I would probably go with the DFA 100mm WR version, I like the fact that it's compact and light, also WR, also very nice looking. But for the moment I'm pulling the trigger for the F 100. Not so many info or reviews can be found, probably because it's not super common, but most of them are very good, and also as you said, optical performance should be identical to other version.

Only a bit worried about its weight. At 590g it's even heavier that the 16-50. Hope I will like it :-)

08-13-2019, 05:18 AM   #32
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Bui Quote
Hello, thank you very much for a lot of useful advises. And yes you are right, I'm quite new to macro photography, wanting to give it a try. And also I plan to use it as a normal telephoto lens, as the longest prime I have currently is the 70mm, and while I have also the 50-135 and 55-300 that cover 100mm, I don't always bring them.

If cost is no issue, I would probably go with the DFA 100mm WR version, I like the fact that it's compact and light, also WR, also very nice looking. But for the moment I'm pulling the trigger for the F 100. Not so many info or reviews can be found, probably because it's not super common, but most of them are very good, and also as you said, optical performance should be identical to other version.

Only a bit worried about its weight. At 590g it's even heavier that the 16-50. Hope I will like it :-)
nice choice

your best bet for learning macro:

look at the macro threads here

send pm to posters with questions

use manual focus

practice, practice practice

have fun with it

The Advantages of a Dedicated Macro Lens - Tutorial Videos | PentaxForums.com