Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2008, 05:45 PM   #1
Damn Brit

I'm quite pleased at my purchase last night............

I spotted a kit on Craigslist a couple of days ago and went and had a look last night.
It was for sale by original owner and consisted of.............

Pristine Spotmatic with the original leather case (unmarked) attached SMC 50 1.4 and original screw in metalhood in it's own leather case with space for rear lens cap (included). Original operating manual was included with illustrated lens and accessory catalogue also inside (very interesting read).

Then the off brand stuff.......... Lentar (never heard of them but made in Japan) Auto 28mm 2.8 lens, like new condition with it's own leather case.
Lentar Auto 2x TC, mint condition.
4 different extension tubes, mint, in their original boxes
Accura (another brand I don't know) 200m F 3.9 lens, very good condition, no marks. It has it's own metal screw in hood about 1/2" deep and a dinky little tripod collar. All metal construction, about 8" long. Damping on the focus ring is very good. Original box.
Accura slide duplicator, it's like a set of extension tubes with an attachment on the end with a translucent piece of plastic that you put the slide into. Original box.
Voigtlander Flash with eyepiece attachment. Original box.
Leatherette case that holds all of it.

Just goes to show that there is some good stuff out there, I got it all for $130. Down from $150.

The first shot is of the kit (sorry I cut the head of the spottie).

The second shot is using the 200mm lens with the 2x TC. Never used a TC before.
I know it's not a great shot but focussing was pretty accurate. Taken from about 12' away. The shot may not seem so but it was very windy with a 250/sec shutter, a 100% crop shows motion blur.
I did find the PF in the highlights on the leaves on the right quite interesting.
Hope you liked my little story.

Last edited by Damn Brit; 03-29-2010 at 07:45 PM.
10-11-2008, 05:49 PM   #2
Veteran Member

looks like a sweet set. that s-m-c tak + spotmatic looks spotless. and it's the one with the knurled ring instead of the rubber which was a bit cheaper.