Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-12-2008, 10:49 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Help 16-50

i noticed something strange on my lens this morning, and i need your help from those who also own this lens.
if you hold the barell of the lens in your left hand, and with the tip of your fingers from your right hand, you hold on to the top of the lens,( i.e filter end ). does it shave a slight rock or movement.

i really need to get a feed back,please

Dave

Last edited by dafiryde; 10-12-2008 at 07:26 PM.
10-12-2008, 08:25 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
has anyone got a chance to try this,
i would really like to know if i this is normal
Dave
10-12-2008, 08:40 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dafiryde Quote
has anyone got a chance to try this,
i would really like to know if i this is normal
Dave
Mine has a bit of motion as well. It doesn't seem to affect the images, though. Perhaps it's because of the double draw zoom.
10-12-2008, 08:47 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Mine has a bit of motion as well. It doesn't seem to affect the images, though. Perhaps it's because of the double draw zoom.
thanks for the responce, while i was waiting for a reply i went and checked my 18-55 kit lens and saw almost the same thing, but this morning when i noticed that on my 16-50, i nearly got a stroke!!!

Dave

10-12-2008, 08:53 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

After coughing up the price for one of these, I found it a bit disconcerting as well! Then I checked my other zooms. Guess what I found (to varying degrees). I suspect that the play is in there to prevent the zoom from being over tight.
10-12-2008, 08:58 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
After coughing up the price for one of these, I found it a bit disconcerting as well! Then I checked my other zooms. Guess what I found (to varying degrees). I suspect that the play is in there to prevent the zoom from being over tight.
What scared me is that when i first saw this, as my heart rate was increasing, i did not see any kind of movement on the 50-135. and wondered if the lens got damaged, or was something internally coming loose

Dave
10-12-2008, 09:03 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes, I've found the 50-135 does seem much tighter. My FA 28-80 (the old cheap kit zoom) has a lot of looseness everywhere. My FA 24-90 is much tighter, but there is still a bit of motion. The A 70-210 has a tiny bit as well. I took the more obvious slack in the 16-50 to be caused by the double extension of the barrel.
10-12-2008, 09:13 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yes, I've found the 50-135 does seem much tighter. My FA 28-80 (the old cheap kit zoom) has a lot of looseness everywhere. My FA 24-90 is much tighter, but there is still a bit of motion. The A 70-210 has a tiny bit as well. I took the more obvious slack in the 16-50 to be caused by the double extension of the barrel.
Thanks a million for the help, now that my mind is at ease, i would be abe to sleep tonight.
its such a great , versitile lens, that i like alot, have read so many problems other users have had with this lens and i got a good copy that has given me great results
Thanks again

Dave