Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-12-2008, 02:41 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
DA40 OK or damged?

Hi guys,
I just want to check one thing.
I've owned DA40ltd for nearly 6 months. Easily my favourite lens. I do take it everywhere and it keeps rewarding me.
Lately though I've noticed slight wobble of the focusing ring and the barrel, and I'm not sure if it's normal or not. Sure my DA18-55 and F50 suffer from it and so does Sigma 105 (barrel only) but I don't remember this on the pancake before. Is it just me going mad (I hope so), and this is normal, or is it something going horribly wrong?
I was outing with it just today and it works pefectly, focuses fast as ever, and delivers sharp images. Lately though I think it's overexposing a bit when used outdoors in strong light...
anyway any ideas and opinions are welcome...
Thanx
BR Peter

10-12-2008, 04:22 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
If it's still under warranty and you can live with out it you might as well get I checked out. It's probably not anything to worry about but that's what I thought about my Sigma 17-70. The zoom ring developed some play over time (I'd turn it a few mm before the lens actually zoomed), it worked fine right up until the zoom ring sheared of internally... so from my experiance, better safe than sorry.