With 6mp sensor only (ist,K100,K100S) 15.88%
With 10mp sensor only (K10,K200) 15.88%
K20   00%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-14-2008, 12:35 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
Thanks Marc - now I understand where Brian's coming from.

But Brian - I don't think this poll is structured so that the answers will be very useful. It would be interesting to hear what people write on the issue, but any data is going to be anecdotal and unless there's some unexpected broad consensus I doubt that I'd make any buying decisions based on it.

For the record, I've never paid any real attention to the sharpness of my lenses at varying distances. Nothing in my shots has stuck out enough for me to imagine that there's a significant difference. This includes the lenses I use on my K100D Super (SMC K 15mm f/3.5, SMC K 50m f/1.4, SMC K 100mm f/2.8, 18-55mm "I" kit lens, DA 12-24mm f/4, DA 35mm Ltd) as well as all non-interchangeable zoom lenses on my P&S cameras.

10-14-2008, 01:46 PM   #32
Damn Brit

Armed with the information that this thread might have provided, if anyone was to use it in real life, they would have to have the mother of all bags(with wheels on) to carry all the lenses and some kind of measuring device to get the distance so the stats can be looked at and the ideal lens decided on and........................ by then it's too dark to take a shot and there wasn't room in the bag for the flash because of all the lenses and the measuring device.
And even if you do get time to do all the measuring and lens selection and you do take the shot, "Damn, this shot is sharp but the bokeh sure is ugly.
10-14-2008, 02:23 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by FHPhotographer Quote
My my my. Such outrage from somebody who likes to cheap-shot in public but can't take a private response. Well, I wanted to keep it private, just between us guys; we maybe could have worked it out or reached some accomodation to keep peace on the Forum. You chose to make it public. So be it, t's bits and bytes at 20 paces, boyo...
Brian
Well I have been very civil so far and would have let the matter rest, except that you crossed the line big time with the name calling and personal threats. Please note this matter has been reported to the mods.
10-14-2008, 02:51 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I'm really really really sorry...

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
Well I have been very civil so far and would have let the matter rest, except that you crossed the line big time with the name calling and personal threats. Please note this matter has been reported to the mods.
I apologize for the name calling, but there were not any threats... unless you consider "raining on your digital parade" a threat? You know, now that I reread it, maybe that really is bad scary thing to say. I really really really won't ever do it again.

Can't we just be friends if I really promise to not hurt your feelings or say anything that makes you at all uncomfortable ever again? Gee, I hope so, 'cause I'd hate cross over your line again or be reported to the "mods." Who knows what icky thing they might do to me, maybe even send me to the principal's office for a stern talking to.

Thanks for straightening me out, that really was a close brush with wrack and ruin, and you did it so nicely I feel twice as bad as I did before. Gee whiz double sorry again,
Brian

10-14-2008, 02:55 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
revised poll coming... hehehehehe

QuoteOriginally posted by Sean Nelson Quote
Thanks Marc - now I understand where Brian's coming from.

But Brian - I don't think this poll is structured so that the answers will be very useful. It would be interesting to hear what people write on the issue, but any data is going to be anecdotal and unless there's some unexpected broad consensus I doubt that I'd make any buying decisions based on it.

For the record, I've never paid any real attention to the sharpness of my lenses at varying distances. Nothing in my shots has stuck out enough for me to imagine that there's a significant difference. This includes the lenses I use on my K100D Super (SMC K 15mm f/3.5, SMC K 50m f/1.4, SMC K 100mm f/2.8, 18-55mm "I" kit lens, DA 12-24mm f/4, DA 35mm Ltd) as well as all non-interchangeable zoom lenses on my P&S cameras.
You may be right. I'm going to revise it and start a new thread with a more refined poll,
Brian
10-14-2008, 03:05 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
FHPhotographer, let's both chill out and move on.
Just ease up and go out and use that camera.