Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
10-13-2019, 03:55 PM   #31
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Darkover Quote
This is a first picture with the 31mm, a nice lens!
that's looks really nice. I will see you soon

10-28-2019, 10:16 AM - 1 Like   #32
Forum Member

Original Poster
Okay, now I am back to Germany, my brain is mostly adapted to German time and I checked my picture. .-)

I did 800picture and perhaps around 270 are good. I made more than 80% with the new 31mm I bought
at the beginning of the trip. The mechanical quality is as good as expected, the optical quality is better than I expected.

Sometimes I was to lazy to carry more than the 31mm with me and I had to crop only a small part of the picture and even than the pictures are good.

The small 31mm fit very well on the K1 and made it a light travel camera for everyday use. :-D

On a few picture I also found the pixie-dust experience. It is different than the DFA*50 but on the same level.

Olaf
10-28-2019, 06:12 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Your report of your personal experience with the very fine FA 31mm Limited lens is of great interest and is appreciated. I can see how 31mm would be a very versatile FL for use as as a walk-around lens covering many conditions and scenes. I can also see how such a lens would be especially useful in reducing overall weight and size of a FF body such as the K-1, making it much more convenient to carry.

Its performance in your night scene is impressive, and demonstrates another special use.

Congratulations for the choice you have made!