Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2019, 03:09 AM   #1

SDM converted to Screw drive not recognized in Lightroom 6

Hi,
I have one 16-50 and one 50-135 both converted to screw drive, works VERY good!
The problem is that the converted lenses will not be auto detected by Lightroom 6 in lens correction module! I have to click "Activate profile calibrations" (I use the Swedish version) the LR direct find and apply the right profile.
I converted the 16-50 some weeks ago, before the conversion LR recognized the lens after conversion not.
Do any one else have seen the same behavior?
Is there any thing to do? In the LensROM or LR

/Claes-Ove

10-26-2019, 08:00 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is a little surprising, I've not seen the same from DXO. Typically the lens id is one item used to recognize the lens, but since other lenses may use the same code software often looks at other info to make the final selection.

If you have the ability to edit the rom file of a lens you could try changing just one value at a time back, but there are a lot of combinations to try.