Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-21-2008, 03:10 AM   #31
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
And you're so eager to judge others based on, let me guess, your extensive collection of Pentax * and limited glass, don't you?

Get real my friend,
Radu
that doesn't change the fact that this statement is rather bogus based on the lenses and the number of lenses he listed:

QuoteQuote:
I have not used any of the fast DA, FA or Limited lenses but I bet I have owned and used more high end Pentax glass than 95% of the folks on this forum.
there are plenty of people who have owned 'or used' more 'high end' lenses that that here on the forum. he didn't list which ones he owns and which he just used. and the first four lenses no matter how good are not 'high end'. who doesn't own (in some cases multiple copies) or used an M series 50mm 1,7? those are as common as K1000's. I'm not saying he doesn't know what he is talking about but his statement was in my eyes, bogus. and doesn't do much for his credibility.

10-21-2008, 03:41 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
I think the last four A lenses Max listed are all STAR lenses
Then he shoulda mentioned, because some people here are ignorant (namely me).

And you're so eager to judge others based on, let me guess, your extensive collection of Pentax * and limited glass, don't you?

Get real my friend,
Radu
Somehow I was sure you were going to make some sort of snappy reply and point fingers and use the oh-so-clever sarcasm you like using so much.

FYI, I didn't judge anybody, I just pointed out that out of all the lenses he listed, only one was designated as a * lens. It turns out I was wrong. Oh well, I don't know Pentax' old lens line-up by heart. (I'm hearing eager fanboys tremble and whisper "heathen..." in the background, while desperately clutching onto their overpriced and underperforming lenses - did someone here say A* 200mm f/4 macro?)
Even so, do I need to own expensive lenses judge people on the price of glass they have? Do I need to be president of a country to judge Bush for going to war for oil? Or is that a good thing and I'm just weird?

Oh but what do I know? I'm just a n00b and my most expensive lens is worth $100 or less. I have no right to judge people because I don't have as much money as you. Right?

Get real yourself,
me
10-21-2008, 04:11 AM   #33
Site Supporter

Mmh, me thinking this thread is not worthy of Pentax forum.
From the first pair of "insults", others are now insulting each other on a totally different topic. Not only is this over-heated discussion quite rare here, but I can't remember I've seen before that it takes off like a snow ball and makes people getting upset on each other on something not even related to the first topic and insult. Wouldn't it be a good idea to calm down a bit?
10-21-2008, 06:14 AM   #34
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
Then he shoulda mentioned, because some people here are ignorant (namely me).

Somehow I was sure you were going to make some sort of snappy reply and point fingers and use the oh-so-clever sarcasm you like using so much.

Well, thanks for the compliment but sometimes you just leave me no choice!

FYI, I didn't judge anybody, I just pointed out that out of all the lenses he listed, only one was designated as a * lens. It turns out I was wrong. Oh well, I don't know Pentax' old lens line-up by heart. (I'm hearing eager fanboys tremble and whisper "heathen..." in the background, while desperately clutching onto their overpriced and underperforming lenses - did someone here say A* 200mm f/4 macro?)

Well in a single phrase you basically said: "I didn't jugde anybody" FFW - "I was wrong and so what?" FFW "only fanboys now the Pentax stuff" FFW "I just made another assertion about other people lenses although I don't judge anyone, remeber?"

Even so, do I need to own expensive lenses judge people on the price of glass they have? Do I need to be president of a country to judge Bush for going to war for oil? Or is that a good thing and I'm just weird?

Translation: "I don't need to drive a Porsche to know it's crap, I just have to look at its picture" + another political opinion of yours that you candidly expect to be an universal truth

Oh but what do I know? I'm just a n00b and my most expensive lens is worth $100 or less. I have no right to judge people because I don't have as much money as you. Right?

"Oh, I am just a noob that wrote close to 3k messages in less than 10 months on a technical forum about Pentax although I admit I have not that much gear or experience". Well this to me looks like fiction, sci fi or a constant need for attention. I gave you my attention for 5 minutes, I hope you're happy for today. Before you whine about how unfair I am to you look back a moment and judge for yourself how many of those 3K messages were helpful to others by information or knowledge you have and how many were just picking on people like you did today.

Get real yourself,
me
Well, Dan

I can assure you that it's nothing personal. In fact I am sure that you have extensive experience with some Optio models and I hope you're getting to know better and better your K100D and all those under 100USD lenses you have (btw, I have 2 myself and I like them very much). My problem starts when you write about things you saw only in pictures with such boldness of opinion, irrony about people you don't know and certainty that only ignorance can bring. Rest assure there is no big money barrier between us I am only more devoted to my passion that's all. I just work harder and speaking of that I'll get back to work now because you'll learn someday that all the *s and limiteds don't buy themselfs.

Best regards,
Radu

10-21-2008, 08:05 AM   #35
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Rest assure there is no big money barrier between us I am only more devoted to my passion that's all. I just work harder and speaking of that I'll get back to work now because you'll learn someday that all the *s and limiteds don't buy themselfs.
Totally off the original topic here but this is annoying. Spending more money on one's passion does not make one more devoted. Some are very very devoted but just plain do NOT have the money to spend. Period.

I would be much more impressed with the lens-poor photographer that can consistently produce kick-ass images with just a 50 and nothing else. Now there's passion and devotion if you ask me.

Now, lets go back to the civil lens comparison discussion shall we?
10-21-2008, 08:43 AM   #36
Veteran Member

OP - Former Pentax dude (still hang here because there are alot of cool folks ), now shoot Canon.

The FA 35mm f/2 is a great lens, but also look into the Sigma 30mm f/1.4. I shoot the Sig 30 on my 40D and it's a GREAT lens. For some reason, you don't hear about it too much over in Pentax land. The 31 is also a killer lens too, but more expensive.
10-21-2008, 09:28 AM   #37
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
Totally off the original topic here but this is annoying. Spending more money on one's passion does not make one more devoted. Some are very very devoted but just plain do NOT have the money to spend. Period.

I would be much more impressed with the lens-poor photographer that can consistently produce kick-ass images with just a 50 and nothing else. Now there's passion and devotion if you ask me.

Now, lets go back to the civil lens comparison discussion shall we?
Mel,

You missed a lot of my points and since you felt the need to express your opinion I'll try to explain some things. "Devotion" meant to me the will to spend more on some passion in both money and time. You could be a millionaire and never feel the urge to use more than a cell phone for your photos or you could mortgage your house to buy a Hasselblad system for your job or passion. This was the meaning and not the spin "well if I am poor I am not free to speak". It never was about the money it always was about the knowledge. Some people really use the advice they get here in good faith so IMO there has to be some self control in giving opinions.

Secondly I respect your opinion about that old 50 that will do in any ocassions but I don't share it one bit. Maybe we have different needs or styles or whatever. Besides this is the technical part of the forum not c&c on someones pictures.

Regards,
Radu
10-21-2008, 10:17 AM   #38
Veteran Member

I'm pretty sure Mel was saying she has more respect for a competent photographer who takes great pictures with nothing but an old SMC-M 50mm, then someone who has all the latest DA*/L/Limiteds, but can't take a picture if their life depended on it (yep, those folks do exist on photography forums.....unfortunately)

10-21-2008, 11:08 AM   #39
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mel,

You missed a lot of my points and since you felt the need to express your opinion I'll try to explain some things. "Devotion" meant to me the will to spend more on some passion in both money and time. You could be a millionaire and never feel the urge to use more than a cell phone for your photos or you could mortgage your house to buy a Hasselblad system for your job or passion. This was the meaning and not the spin "well if I am poor I am not free to speak". It never was about the money it always was about the knowledge. Some people really use the advice they get here in good faith so IMO there has to be some self control in giving opinions.

Secondly I respect your opinion about that old 50 that will do in any ocassions but I don't share it one bit. Maybe we have different needs or styles or whatever. Besides this is the technical part of the forum not c&c on someones pictures.

Regards,
Radu
Who missed the point?
Wow talk about making up things I totally didn't say.

QuoteOriginally posted by egordon99 Quote
I'm pretty sure Mel was saying she has more respect for a competent photographer who takes great pictures with nothing but an old SMC-M 50mm, then someone who has all the latest DA*/L/Limiteds, but can't take a picture if their life depended on it (yep, those folks do exist on photography forums.....unfortunately)
Thank you. That and don't measure a person's passion by how much money they spend.
10-21-2008, 12:28 PM   #40
Inactive Account

Cool. Was just wondering. Green star sounds cool, has a nice ring to it. Never heard of it before now
Thanks for sharing,
brian

QuoteOriginally posted by Photomaximum Quote
Well since you asked...

I have owned and used all of the following:

20mm/2.8 "A" Series lens
28mm/2.8 "A" Series lens
40mm/2.8 Pancake lens
50mm/1.7 "M" Series lens
85mm/1.4 "A" Series lens
200mm/2.8 ED "A" Series lens
300mm/4.0 Green Star "A" Series lens
400mm/2.8 ED "A" Series lens

Max
10-21-2008, 12:57 PM   #41
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by brian s. Quote
Cool. Was just wondering. Green star sounds cool, has a nice ring to it. Never heard of it before now
Thanks for sharing,
brian
It is the recycled environmental version
10-21-2008, 12:58 PM   #42
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by brian s. Quote
Thanks for sharing,
brian
Rest assured, Brian there are a lot of us left here to learn new things. Even in a totally hijacked thread.

Regards,
Radu
10-21-2008, 02:20 PM   #43
Veteran Member

Well, Dan

I can assure you that it's nothing personal. In fact I am sure that you have extensive experience with some Optio models and I hope you're getting to know better and better your K100D and all those under 100USD lenses you have (btw, I have 2 myself and I like them very much). My problem starts when you write about things you saw only in pictures with such boldness of opinion, irrony about people you don't know and certainty that only ignorance can bring. Rest assure there is no big money barrier between us I am only more devoted to my passion that's all. I just work harder and speaking of that I'll get back to work now because you'll learn someday that all the *s and limiteds don't buy themselfs.

Best regards,
Radu
Seriously? You sound like a joke.

And from all my time spent in the forums, I've not seen one picture posted by you. Are you sure all that fancy equipment isn't going to waste? If it is, I'll gladly take it off your hands!

Good night and good riddance.
10-21-2008, 03:50 PM   #44
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
Seriously? You sound like a joke.

And from all my time spent in the forums, I've not seen one picture posted by you. Are you sure all that fancy equipment isn't going to waste? If it is, I'll gladly take it off your hands!

Good night and good riddance.
Well, Danutz

I guess you can't take much pressure don't you? It's a bit soon to get personal but, hey, you never have arguments for what you write here (in most of those 3K messages). You either kiss, spit, drool or shout (all figurative speaking of course) around here. So nothing special I guess and anyway exactly what I expected from you.

My fancy gear could be yours for a reasonable price but there are two reasons it won't happend. You can't buy it and I don't want/need to sell it. Again it's nothing personal but I tend to sell my older gear to persons that I trust could use it and have the ability to learn about it. I am pretty reserved about this concerning you unfortunatelly. About the pictures I am really sorry you missed them all but, surprise, surprise some are really here. Again, not that you judge anyone, remember ! I am here to learn and help whom I can with my experience if asked not to post my personal work. And even more not that you're exactly a World Press Photo of the Year winner yourself .

Finally it's as lame as I would expect from someone like you to change the subject from your mistakes to my photos. For the record I didn't ever questioned your photo-abilities as I don't care about it. I question your technical knowledge and I was right about your ignorance! I won't polute anymore this thread writing about you "noob".

Now that you hit rock bottom in this pathetic personal attack I wish you a good night, "noob"!

Radu

Last edited by RaduA; 05-14-2009 at 07:02 AM.
10-21-2008, 04:23 PM   #45
Veteran Member

горячие финские парни (ц) :d