Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2019, 07:54 AM   #31

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
What sort of pictures did you use it for?

Its target market was taking pictures in good weather on color negative film, to be printed as postcards. It was perfectly good for that. Even 8x10 wasn't a real problem, I would say. If you could do f/8 or f/11 and didn't go for extreme enlargements, no problem.

These days, when used on a 24 MP digital camera for shots to be viewed on a 4K screen, the picture looks very different.
I used it for just about anything at the time. I was a cop back then and took it with me to work quiet a bit, got a very good picture during a thunderstorm one night there was very heavy lightning; I shut off the patrol car so there would not be any vibrations, set the camera on the dash with the shutter speed set to 1 second and waited for a really big bolt of lightning (which actually turned out to be several bolts of lightning at the same time) and hit the shutter button when it came. Also got a very good close up of my grandma at Thanksgiving in 1988 with it. I took a lot of pictures of various things with it, but unfortunately my ex-wife got off with all those pictures with the exception of the one of my grandma, which I had enlarged to 8x10 and it's hanging on the wall now.

There's no danger of me using it on a digital camera. I use a camera for photography, and the "camera" on my phone I'll use to take pics where I just want to show someone something real quick.

04-02-2022, 03:25 AM - 1 Like   #32

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I recently found a Focal 28-70, f3.5-4.5 brand new in the box with the original price of $100. It's proving to be a rather nice lens and fun to use. I accidentally ran across a Sears lens of the same size and the boxes are nearly identical. Both lenses were made in Korea. The lenses are identical to the naked eye. I'm just beginning to use mine, but it does show promise.
04-04-2022, 01:07 PM   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by broken_sabre Quote
There's no danger of me using it on a digital camera. I use a camera for photography, and the "camera" on my phone I'll use to take pics where I just want to show someone something real quick.
That seems to imply that you don't consider digital cameras as being "for photography"... ???
04-05-2022, 07:32 AM   #34
Pentaxian

I have a Focal 135mm f2.8 that to this day is the sharpest 135mm lens I've ever used among all my manual lenses in that length. I have no idea who made it. I suspect Chinon but might be way off.
IIRC .... Think I paid $2 in a box of junk at a swap Meet or auction.