+1 for KUVRD lens caps, especially for the bulbous lenses

12-14-2019, 11:08 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
+1 for KUVRD lens caps, especially for the bulbous lenses
Do you have some? What's your experience with them?

Easy to get on & off? One-handed?
Do they stay flexible in the cold?
Do you think they would tear easily?
Do they work with really small lenses?
01-25-2020, 05:48 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Just got the bargain cap from SRS, it's a very snug fit and seems much less likely to part company with the lens than older one I have.
At the price (£7) it is a no-brainer compared with any other solution.
Apologies to those outside UK but maybe your local dealers can offer the same price.
01-25-2020, 06:11 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sir Nameless Quote
Do you have some? What's your experience with them?
Easy to get on & off? One-handed?
Do they stay flexible in the cold?
Do you think they would tear easily?
Do they work with really small lenses?
I own 4 Kuvrd Lens Caps, 2 Micro and 2 Macro that came as a single package, a good introductory offer.. Unless you have lenses with a filter diameter greater than 70mm, the Micros will satisfy your needs.

Easy to get off and on one handed, with practice, though the larger diameter lenses may present a challenge.

I haven't tried them in sub-freezing temperatures, but even in low temps they remain supple.

I use a Micro on the FA-77mm, which is a fairly narrow lens, and a Micro works well with it.

I use a Micro to cover an M42 17mm FE lens, which has a bulbous and difficult to cover front lens, the Micro is great for covering and protecting the lens.

I did receive one with a pinhole tear in the cover, but their customer service quickly replaced it, otherwise they have been very durable.

Last edited by robgski; 01-25-2020 at 06:16 AM.