Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-07-2009, 08:26 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Yes, you caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. That's what the tests were developed for. A standardized, quantitative, objective method to compare sharpness, vignetting, etc. Imatest - SFR results: MTF (Sharpness) plot
this is why i tried to be honest here, and then you come in and remark exactly, what i see a lot of being posted
it is stuppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppid to compare, the sweetness of apples to oranges, just the same to compare primes to zooms.

Dave

04-07-2009, 08:46 PM   #32
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by clawhammer Quote
[tongue-in-cheek] Make life easy- get a Mac [/tongue-in-cheek]
QuoteOriginally posted by dafiryde Quote
i will be honest here
you cannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnot compare apples to oranges
you cannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnot compare a prime to a zoom
you wonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnt compare a bently with a ford pinto
Dave
You cannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnot compare a mac to a pc. The mac is far superior on so many levels.
04-08-2009, 06:07 AM   #33
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
this is why i tried to be honest here, and then you come in and remark exactly, what i see a lot of being posted
it is stuppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppid to compare, the sweetness of apples to oranges, just the same to compare primes to zooms.

Dave
Sweetness, or flavor, is subjective and can not be compared. You caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn compare, for example, the ratio of liquid to solid between an apple and an orange, you can compare the pH of the two. You can determine which of the two has more calories per gram of weight. These are all quantitative tests, just as you caaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn compare the resolution in LW/PH of any two lenses, prime or zoom. I am not challenging your honesty, just the accuracy of the statement.
04-08-2009, 08:21 AM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I guess...

QuoteOriginally posted by Lance B Quote
Hmm. Doesn't this really depend on the user? I have the DA*16-50 and the DA14 and I use the DA14 quite considerably and possibly as much as the DA*16-50.
once you go wide, there's no going back. It took me a few years to get into my FA*24 back in the film days, but once I got it, it was true love.

But for a recent newcomer to photography, I think the 16-50 would be a better choice - or the 18-55II, and money left over for another lens or two.

Cheers,
Cameron

04-08-2009, 08:23 AM   #35
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Have you tried cleaning your keyboard?

i will be honest here
you cannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnot compare apples to oranges
you cannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnot compare a prime to a zoom
you wonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnt compare a bently with a ford pinto
Dave
Unplug it, turbn it upside down, and shake it and tap it gently, then vaccuum it, then maybe your NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN key won't stick so bad.

Or maybe it's just a Tobagian accennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnt.

Cheers,
Cameron
04-08-2009, 08:58 PM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Sweetness, or flavor, is subjective and can not be compared. You caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn compare, for example, the ratio of liquid to solid between an apple and an orange, you can compare the pH of the two. You can determine which of the two has more calories per gram of weight. These are all quantitative tests, just as you caaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn compare the resolution in LW/PH of any two lenses, prime or zoom. I am not challenging your honesty, just the accuracy of the statement.
in a nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ut shell
a prime is a prime
a zoom is many primes in one, and is known to have a compramise in IQ, so it will be very distasteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeful for one to try and compare the results from a zoom with a prime

really think about it , would you race a formular 1 against a ford pinto, they are both cars with 4 wheels, thinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thats why we gota brain in our heads

Dave

Last edited by dafiryde; 04-09-2009 at 05:54 AM.
04-08-2009, 09:00 PM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote
Unplug it, turbn it upside down, and shake it and tap it gently, then vaccuum it, then maybe your NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN key won't stick so bad.

Or maybe it's just a Tobagian accennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnt.

Cheers,
Cameron
i will be there for this weekend, 4 days of no work, only rum, music and more RUM

Dave
11-30-2009, 04:31 AM   #38

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
To me the DA 14mm is definitely sharper
QuoteOriginally posted by Lance B Quote
According to Photozone, the DA*16-50 has ever so slightly more resolution than the DA14, but it is minimal.
Therefore resolution doesn't mean anything, as what matters is the perceived sharpness of an image, isn't it?