Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2019, 05:19 PM   #1

Pentax II Mount

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

There is a lens on ebay that has a Pentax ll mount. . Can someone tell me what cameras it fits i want the lens if it will fit the k mount camera K20D) The seller doesn't know

12-17-2019, 05:37 PM   #2
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
never heard of a " Pentax II " mount

QuoteQuote:
The Evolution of the Pentax K-mount

Technical Information and a Little Bit of History
By PF Staff in Articles and Tips on Dec 29, 2014

The Evolution of the Pentax K-mount
Pentax introduced the K-mount in 1975 and it's still the mount used in today's digital SLR cameras. Over the course of its 40-year history, the K mount has gone through several enhancements to facilitate new camera features. Even then, a K-mount lens from 1975 will mount on and work on your Pentax DSLR today! In fact, Pentax users are among the few who have access to such a wide range of legacy lenses. In this article we will describe the K-mount in its various incarnations.

The K-mount is a bayonet lens mount (the type employed by all modern lenses) which replaced the original M42 screw mount, thus making changing lenses must faster. While the screw mount requires three complete revolutions of the lens in order to mount tightly, the K-mount only needs a twist of about 60 degrees. The diameter of the K-mount is also larger than that of the M42 making faster lenses and more robust optical designs possible.

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/articles/photo-articles/evolution-of-pentax-k-m...#ixzz68Pkt6XXO

but I don't claim to be an expert
12-17-2019, 05:41 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This is a lens for Mamiya 645...

Mamiya-Sekor C 500mm f/5.6 Lens with Pentax II Mount + Case No. 14280 | eBay

It should be in my thread...

The worst of Craigslist/Shopgoodwill/eBay etc. - PentaxForums.com

A $40 adapter would be needed for a K mount camera

Mamiya 645 (M645) Mount Lenses to Pentax K (PK) Mount SLR Camera Body Pro Mount Adapter ? Fotodiox, Inc. USA

Last edited by boriscleto; 12-17-2019 at 05:47 PM.
12-17-2019, 06:18 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thank you so much you helped me a lot ...i was not familiar with the 645 but was thing it might be a medium format mount..Thank you for the quick answer....

12-17-2019, 06:27 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
But the mirror is clear, so it’s good, right?

But yeah, Mamiya mount.

Could be an interesting lens, though...

-Eric