Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-25-2008, 05:47 PM   #31

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thank you again for everyone's help. As a twist of fate, I found a DA 40mm ltd on another forum by a Nikon user. I had all, but ruled out the 40, but I made him an offer and we agreed upon $155 shipped!

I was sold on a 35/2 thanks to you guys, but for the money I couldn't pass this deal up.

I will play with this one then determine it is right for me or not. At the price I picked it up I don't think I can go wrong.

Pic of actual item:

10-26-2008, 07:06 AM   #32
Veteran Member

fantastic price! congrats!
10-26-2008, 06:34 PM   #33
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think you will love it. I have more lenses than I need, and I often play with others, but always I go back to the DA 40, and everytime I think "Darn that's a good lens! Why do I ever take it off?" :-) $155 shipped is great, I paid $250 and don't regret a cent.

Regarding the low light issue - a bounce flash goes much farther towards capturing fast-moving children than an F2 or even an F1.7 lens can. (That's my fastest, but I doubt 1.4 does more) Frankly, they are through the narrow DOF too fast anyway. At least that has been my experience. You could probably get an old 50 f1.4 or 1.7 and still be under the cost of the 35, definitely of the 43mm.

Enjoy!
10-28-2008, 07:11 PM   #34

Original Poster
Lens already arrived!!! Great little gem so far.

And by the way, I was able to take a 49 to 52 mm step ring and add a 52mm Pro 1 digital Hoya onto the front and use a normal pentax lens cap.

A few shots straight from the K10D & 40mm ltd. No editing yet.

This first one was shot at 1/60 and ISO 1600. I wanted to see noise/bokeh/low light capabilities/sharpness/oh heck just playing around!

Bokeh

Last edited by mwcfire; 10-28-2008 at 07:27 PM.