Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2020, 09:42 PM - 1 Like   #1
New Member




Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 20
Super-Takumar 55 1:1.8 with case

Well the thrift stores were kind to me again. Just picked up this great lens with the case for a whole $8! If I am not mistaken, I believe I was told this is one of 2 lenses that originally came with the Pentax S.

Attached Images
 

Last edited by Rejd; 01-25-2020 at 09:55 PM.
01-26-2020, 07:47 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 105
QuoteOriginally posted by Rejd Quote
Well the thrift stores were kind to me again. Just picked up this great lens with the case for a whole $8! If I am not mistaken, I believe I was told this is one of 2 lenses that originally came with the Pentax S.
Nice find!
01-27-2020, 03:12 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,802
A wonderful find, the ST 55/f1.8 is an underrated gem of a lens!

QuoteOriginally posted by Rejd Quote
If I am not mistaken, I believe I was told this is one of 2 lenses that originally came with the Pentax S.
I believe you are mistaken As I understand it, the Pentax S came with either the Takumar 55/f2.2 or the Takumar 55/f1.8 (not the later 'Super Takumar').

The Super Takumar variant came with the SV and the some Super S2's.
01-27-2020, 05:32 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: In the Florida swamps
Posts: 560
Sweet deal!

01-27-2020, 07:57 AM   #5
New Member
Praktica*ist's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: France, near Paris
Posts: 19
This looks like a first version Super-Takumar, that came bundled with either Pentax SV or Spotmatic 1 back in the day.
The only uncommon thing about your find is the leather case. While cases for non-standard lenses are common.
01-27-2020, 08:20 AM   #6
New Member




Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 20
Original Poster
Ok great. Thanks for all the info! Iíve been learning lots. Still feel it was a great buy for $8.

Iíll keep my eyes open for the Takumar 55 1.8 to go with my S!
01-30-2020, 11:25 AM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 35,159
QuoteOriginally posted by Rejd Quote
I believe I was told this is one of 2 lenses that originally came with the Pentax S.
Nope, though though the "flat" focus knurling along with fine ridges on the aperture ring hint that you might have a different rarity/oddity. Is f/16 to the right on the aperture ring? Does it have a dot rather than a diamond as an index mark? This earliest type ST 55/1.8 was an apparent short run with a unique combination of parts (body from v2 Auto Takumar with aperture ring from v1 Auto Takumar) from earlier lenses.

See first on left in the second row (my lens ) for comparison...



This type only came to the attention of members here a few years ago and may have been sold bundled with SV/HV, S1/H1, or S3/H3 models.


Steve
01-30-2020, 11:32 AM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 35,159
QuoteOriginally posted by Rejd Quote
Well the thrift stores were kind to me again. Just picked up this great lens with the case for a whole $8!
BTW...that case looks a little large for a ST 55/1.8. Might there be something a little larger (85mm?) lurking elsewhere on the shelf of the shop?


Steve

01-30-2020, 09:54 PM   #9
New Member




Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 20
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Nope, though though the "flat" focus knurling along with fine ridges on the aperture ring hint that you might have a different rarity/oddity. Is f/16 to the right on the aperture ring? Does it have a dot rather than a diamond as an index mark? This earliest type ST 55/1.8 was an apparent short run with a unique combination of parts (body from v2 Auto Takumar with aperture ring from v1 Auto Takumar) from earlier lenses.

See first on left in the second row (my lens ) for comparison...



This type only came to the attention of members here a few years ago and may have been sold bundled with SV/HV, S1/H1, or S3/H3 models.


Steve
Thanks very much. That is a great reference. Mine appears to be the Interm version.


---------- Post added 01-30-20 at 09:55 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
BTW...that case looks a little large for a ST 55/1.8. Might there be something a little larger (85mm?) lurking elsewhere on the shelf of the shop?


Steve

Yes the case does seem a bit big. There were not other lenses there.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
aperture, auto, k-mount, lenses, pentax lens, slr lens, st, steve, takumar, type
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Error super-takumar or super-multicoated takumar D1N0 Site Suggestions and Help 7 01-27-2019 12:58 PM
For Sale - Sold: Super-Takumar 24mm 3.5 with Case , Hood , Lenshood Case , strap. , XLNT ! Ronald Oakes Sold Items 5 06-14-2018 02:08 AM
For Sale - Sold: Takumar: Super Takumar 135mm f3.5 includes case, hood and caps Peter Zack Sold Items 7 05-17-2010 07:12 PM
For Sale - Sold: Pentax ES with case & Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 1:1.8/55 Lens Curbster54 Sold Items 16 02-03-2009 04:36 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:49 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top