Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
6 Days Ago   #1

Filters for Irix 15mm f/2.4

Hello all,

I bought an Irix 15mm f/2.4 a few days ago for use on the Pentax K-1. I also have the 28-45mm for the Pentax 645Z, but wanted a wider lens which was easier to handle than the Pentax 15-30 on the K-1.

I also bought the following from Breakthrough Photography a few months ago for use with the MF lenses for 645Z:-

(1) Step-Up Ring 67mm to 82mm (for use with 55mm 645 lens)

(2) X4 Neutral Density filter - 100mm Square / 6-stop

(3) X100 filter Holder - 82mm Aluminum Square Adapter Ring (for use with 28-45mm 645 lens)

(4) X100 Holder

I already had the old Singh-Ray 100mm square filters - GND, Tobacco/ Blue/ Gray Graduated etc from the film area.

The Irix dia is 95mm. There is no 95mm adapter ring available from Breakthrough Photography; however, the same is available form Lee and maybe a few more local companies.

My question is:- Will the Lee 95mm adapter ring (meant for the Lee filter Holder) allow the use of the Breakthrough Photography X100 filter holder for Pentax K-1?

Regards,
Leonine

6 Days Ago   #2

Original Poster
Specifically, how good would be the following item?

It is very cheap and hence can't say how it will perform. Then again, established brands charge crazy prices like USD 100 plus for just a step up adapter ring.

Zomei 100mm Square Filter Holder+95mm Ring for 4X4 LEE Cokin Z HITECH system 699964374977 | eBay
5 Days Ago   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by leonine Quote
Hello all,

I bought an Irix 15mm f/2.4 a few days ago for use on the Pentax K-1. I also have the 28-45mm for the Pentax 645Z, but wanted a wider lens which was easier to handle than the Pentax 15-30 on the K-1.

I also bought the following from Breakthrough Photography a few months ago for use with the MF lenses for 645Z:-

(1) Step-Up Ring 67mm to 82mm (for use with 55mm 645 lens)

(2) X4 Neutral Density filter - 100mm Square / 6-stop

(3) X100 filter Holder - 82mm Aluminum Square Adapter Ring (for use with 28-45mm 645 lens)

(4) X100 Holder

I already had the old Singh-Ray 100mm square filters - GND, Tobacco/ Blue/ Gray Graduated etc from the film area.

The Irix dia is 95mm. There is no 95mm adapter ring available from Breakthrough Photography; however, the same is available form Lee and maybe a few more local companies.

My question is:- Will the Lee 95mm adapter ring (meant for the Lee filter Holder) allow the use of the Breakthrough Photography X100 filter holder for Pentax K-1?

Regards,
Leonine
Irix makes their own 100mm filter holder. It’s very well made and you can order it on their website.
5 Days Ago   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TerryL Quote
Irix makes their own 100mm filter holder. Itís very well made and you can order it on their website.
I just spent a tidy sum on the Breakthrough Photography filter holder system. I am hoping to optimize that system for the Irix.

5 Days Ago   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Irix dia is 95mm. There is no 95mm adapter ring available from Breakthrough Photography
I just spent a tidy sum on the Breakthrough Photography filter holder system. I am hoping to optimize that system for the Irix.
It is a shame that they don't make something to fit your lens and a pity you did not know this before you committed to their system.

Steve
4 Days Ago   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
It is a shame that they don't make something to fit your lens and a pity you did not know this before you committed to their system.

Steve
Indeed it is. But i need to find a way out of it.