Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
How about a picture of the other end?
04-08-2020, 06:46 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sergysergy Quote
It looks like Pentax K to me
Yep. Pretty sure it's a KA mount with a Ricoh pin.

04-08-2020, 08:15 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
I'll agree with this, a manual focus lens with the infamous "Ricoh pin". I have a couple of lenses like this and have no problem with them, but some reports indicate the auto-focus screw-drive on the camera can catch in the Ricoh-pin recess. If this proves to be a problem, simply move the AF/MF switch to manual and the screw-drive will retract
04-08-2020, 09:08 AM   #6
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
welcome to the forums

lots of friendly members and knowledge can be found here:

QuoteQuote:
. . . Third Party Variants of the K-mount
Pentax made the original "K" mount available for other camera manufacturers to adopt. The goal was to create a universal standard bayonet mount much like the M42 screw mount had been. Ricoh, Chinon, and others produced cameras and lenses with the "K" mount. Unfortunately, with the introduction of the "KA" mount, Pentax reversed the decision with the result that the other manufacturers either abandoned the "K" mount or developed their own, somewhat incompatible, enhancements. Several third party lens manufacturers produce or has produced lenses with a K-mount. There are no issues with current third party lenses in K-mount, but for older lenses there are two traps to watch out for:

The infamous "Ricoh pin". Where Pentax created the "KA" mount in order to support Program and Tv exposure automation, Ricoh had to create their own variant, which has a protruding pin placed in a somewhat unfortunate location, namely in the exact spot where Pentax years later placed the autofocus drive shaft. Such a Ricoh lens will get stuck when mounted on a Pentax autofocus body - the Ricoh pin will get lodged in the drive shaft and prevent the lens from being removed without deployment of finesse, patience and tools. . . .

Read more at: The Evolution of the Pentax K-mount - Articles and Tips | PentaxForums.com

- PENTAX: ALL Pentax K-mount lenses will work on ALL Pentax bayonet bodies, including autofocus and digital. For "Program" operation with some models, you will need a Series "A" or later lens. A note of caution, though: there was a KA mount for Pentax, and also a KR mount for Ricoh program cameras. Both of these have the same K bayonet, but the location of electrical contacts is different between them so that they are not cross-compatible for program functions. ALSO, AND MORE IMPORTANT, it is possible for some KR lenses to jam on some models of Pentax cameras, and be impossible to remove or cause damage to the camera or lens. In particular, it is not wise to attempt to mount a KR lens in an Autofocus or Digital model of Pentax. There may be other incompatibilities as well, so proceed with caution whenever cross-mounting Pentax and Ricoh lenses and bodies.

SLR Lens Mount Identification Guide

Last edited by aslyfox; 04-08-2020 at 09:14 AM.
04-08-2020, 10:18 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

+1 PKA mount.

Looks like the rounded ricoh pin, this is the most common type and is usually no problem. Quite often moving the aperture ring out of "A" position retracts it. The ones that are no-no's are the ones that look more needle like. The adaptall ricoh mount is an example.
04-08-2020, 11:36 AM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
This ^ ^ ^

This sort of arrangement is not uncommon with mid-1980s third-party lens offerings. In regards to some of the comments above...Yes, the rounded type "pin" is generally considered "safe", but it will still drop into the AF well when mounted and may bang into the AF pawl unless the camera is in manual focus mode. My advice would be to proceed with caution, if at all, if attachment to an AF Pentax body is intended.

Steve