Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2020, 02:14 AM   #1
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 496
Voigtlander 20mm Color Skopar SL II

Hi,

some people say that this lens is the FF analogue of the DA 15 (somehow) this piqued my interest for it.


I need a wide-angle lens which is contrasty, flare-resistant (the D-FA 15-30 is OK but not great for that) and also with good starbursts. Compactness is also nice of course.


It seems that the lens is not that sharp in the corners but if it's mainly field curvature as the DA 15 I know how to deal with it.


What's your opinion on this lens ? As I liked the DA 15 on my K-3 would I enjoy the Voigtlander on my K-1 ?


thanks !

Dan

04-09-2020, 02:26 AM - 4 Likes   #2
Pentaxian
noelpolar's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Goolwa, SA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,869
QuoteOriginally posted by Dan Paris Quote
Hi,

some people say that this lens is the FF analogue of the DA 15 (somehow) this piqued my interest for it.


I need a wide-angle lens which is contrasty, flare-resistant (the D-FA 15-30 is OK but not great for that) and also with good starbursts. Compactness is also nice of course.


It seems that the lens is not that sharp in the corners but if it's mainly field curvature as the DA 15 I know how to deal with it.


What's your opinion on this lens ? As I liked the DA 15 on my K-3 would I enjoy the Voigtlander on my K-1 ?


thanks !

Dan
I bought the skopar to go with my K1..... and I'm probally on record from 4 or so years ago (man does time fly!) saying it serves the same roll as the DA15 on crop. I had a HD DA15 at the time I sold (along with a HD DA 21). Four years on I'm still happy with the skopar as a small 20mm prime on my K1.... but I'm not a techo analyst type photographer... so can't do a blow by blow comparison type view..... just works for me.



Focus for this onen was the little garden in the log...





Last edited by noelpolar; 04-09-2020 at 06:44 AM.
04-09-2020, 03:42 AM   #3
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter
pepperberry farm's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: probably out in a field somewhere...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 21,350
QuoteOriginally posted by Dan Paris Quote
As I liked the DA 15 on my K-3 would I enjoy the Voigtlander on my K-1 ?

just to throw a kink in the works - I was in the market for this lens when I came across a Pentax SMC A 20/2.8 and absolutely love it....
04-09-2020, 04:35 AM   #4
Forum Member




Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 53
My limiied experience on FF are with my MZ-6. On this Pic from a Rome visit in 2012 field curvature is hardly relevant
As I remember, seeing couple of the pictures again I had no complaints, but as said this was city shooting and with a lot of light in other words smaller apertures. As others have stated the hood for which you (used to-) pay a premium price is utterly useless.

Cheers Gerard

PS I am more than happy with the lens on my K-01 (it lives there), but that's not what you asked.....

Attached Images
 
04-11-2020, 07:09 AM   #5
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 496
Original Poster
Thanks all for your inputs.


Nice FF sample noelpolar. Picture 2 seems to demonstrate that flare resistance is quite good... nice colors too.

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
just to throw a kink in the works - I was in the market for this lens when I came across a Pentax SMC A 20/2.8 and absolutely love it....
It is also a possibility if I manage to find one, what about flare resistance & starbursts ?
04-11-2020, 07:36 AM   #6
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter
pepperberry farm's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: probably out in a field somewhere...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 21,350
QuoteOriginally posted by Dan Paris Quote


It is also a possibility if I manage to find one, what about flare resistance & starbursts ?


a couple of examples





04-11-2020, 05:19 PM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian
noelpolar's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Goolwa, SA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,869
Just to be clear...... going out with a Voigtlander Color Skopar on your pentax is like dating a mysterous and sensual french woman...... a pentax 20mm whatever is the girl next door you grew up with. Both ok choices I guess....
04-11-2020, 06:48 PM   #8
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter
pepperberry farm's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: probably out in a field somewhere...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 21,350
QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
Just to be clear...... going out with a Voigtlander Color Skopar on your pentax is like dating a mysterous and sensual french woman...... a pentax 20mm whatever is the girl next door you grew up with. Both ok choices I guess....


you're right..... one might leave you broken and bleeding in a dark alley, while the other lets you walk her to the front door and no further....


(:

04-11-2020, 11:56 PM   #9
Forum Member




Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 53
Hm, never thought about it that way, but on hindsight I have been very happy that the pentax lady DA21 was out of stock at the time I decided to buy.......She didn't left my heart broken for long....
Attached Images
 

Last edited by FotoGekko; 04-12-2020 at 12:21 AM. Reason: typo
04-12-2020, 12:11 AM   #10
Forum Member




Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 53
QuoteOriginally posted by FotoGekko Quote
Hm, never thought about it that way, but on hindsight I have been very happy that the pentax lady DA21 was out of stock at the time I decided to buy.......She didn't let my heart broken for long....
Don't know about the Pentax offerings, but apart form the rendering another nice feature of the Voigt is the close focus distance of 20 cm (this one is crop)
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
04-12-2020, 12:13 AM - 1 Like   #11
Pentaxian
noelpolar's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Goolwa, SA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,869
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
you're right..... one might leave you broken and bleeding in a dark alley, while the other lets you walk her to the front door and no further....


(:
neither of those sound good.... no wonder you buy so many lenses looking for the right girl....
04-18-2020, 06:23 AM   #12
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 496
Original Poster
Thanks pepperberry farm for those further samples, looks good !
Good to know about close focus PhotoGekko


QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
Just to be clear...... going out with a Voigtlander Color Skopar on your pentax is like dating a mysterous and sensual french woman...... a pentax 20mm whatever is the girl next door you grew up with. Both ok choices I guess....

Well, I'm french so the girl next door could very well be that mysterious french woman
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
20mm color skopar, da, k-mount, lens, pentax lens, slr lens, voigtlander, voigtlander 20mm color
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Voigtlander-20mm-f35-Color-Skopar-SLII-for-Pentax vespats Lens Sample Photo Archive 14 09-30-2018 05:00 AM
For Sale - Sold: Voigtlander Color Skopar 20mm 3.5 SL II Aspherical KA Pentax bayonet price reduction vjacesslav Sold Items 12 12-19-2016 09:57 AM
For Sale - Sold: Voigtlander 20mm f3.5 Color Skopar SLII (CONUS) s4int Sold Items 2 11-18-2010 03:59 PM
For Sale - Sold: Voigtlander Color Skopar 20mm f/3.5 SL-II (Worldwide) kuau Sold Items 0 07-11-2010 09:05 AM
Voigtlander COLOR SKOPAR 20mm F3.5 SL II Aspherical (KA) legacyb4 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 82 12-16-2009 01:16 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:41 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top