Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
04-09-2020, 02:14 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Voigtlander 20mm Color Skopar SL II

Hi,

some people say that this lens is the FF analogue of the DA 15 (somehow) this piqued my interest for it.

I need a wide-angle lens which is contrasty, flare-resistant (the D-FA 15-30 is OK but not great for that) and also with good starbursts. Compactness is also nice of course.

It seems that the lens is not that sharp in the corners but if it's mainly field curvature as the DA 15 I know how to deal with it.

What's your opinion on this lens ? As I liked the DA 15 on my K-3 would I enjoy the Voigtlander on my K-1 ?

thanks !

Dan

04-09-2020, 02:26 AM - 4 Likes   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Dan Paris Quote
Hi,

some people say that this lens is the FF analogue of the DA 15 (somehow) this piqued my interest for it.

I need a wide-angle lens which is contrasty, flare-resistant (the D-FA 15-30 is OK but not great for that) and also with good starbursts. Compactness is also nice of course.

It seems that the lens is not that sharp in the corners but if it's mainly field curvature as the DA 15 I know how to deal with it.

What's your opinion on this lens ? As I liked the DA 15 on my K-3 would I enjoy the Voigtlander on my K-1 ?

thanks !

Dan
I bought the skopar to go with my K1..... and I'm probally on record from 4 or so years ago (man does time fly!) saying it serves the same roll as the DA15 on crop. I had a HD DA15 at the time I sold (along with a HD DA 21). Four years on I'm still happy with the skopar as a small 20mm prime on my K1.... but I'm not a techo analyst type photographer... so can't do a blow by blow comparison type view..... just works for me.

Focus for this onen was the little garden in the log...

Last edited by noelpolar; 04-09-2020 at 06:44 AM.
04-09-2020, 03:42 AM   #3
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As I liked the DA 15 on my K-3 would I enjoy the Voigtlander on my K-1 ?

just to throw a kink in the works - I was in the market for this lens when I came across a Pentax SMC A 20/2.8 and absolutely love it....
04-09-2020, 04:35 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My limiied experience on FF are with my MZ-6. On this Pic from a Rome visit in 2012 field curvature is hardly relevant
As I remember, seeing couple of the pictures again I had no complaints, but as said this was city shooting and with a lot of light in other words smaller apertures. As others have stated the hood for which you (used to-) pay a premium price is utterly useless.

Cheers Gerard

PS I am more than happy with the lens on my K-01 (it lives there), but that's not what you asked.....

Attached Images

04-11-2020, 07:09 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks all for your inputs.

Nice FF sample noelpolar. Picture 2 seems to demonstrate that flare resistance is quite good... nice colors too.

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
just to throw a kink in the works - I was in the market for this lens when I came across a Pentax SMC A 20/2.8 and absolutely love it....
It is also a possibility if I manage to find one, what about flare resistance & starbursts ?
04-11-2020, 07:36 AM   #6
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

It is also a possibility if I manage to find one, what about flare resistance & starbursts ?

a couple of examples

04-11-2020, 05:19 PM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

Just to be clear...... going out with a Voigtlander Color Skopar on your pentax is like dating a mysterous and sensual french woman...... a pentax 20mm whatever is the girl next door you grew up with. Both ok choices I guess....

04-11-2020, 06:48 PM   #8
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
Just to be clear...... going out with a Voigtlander Color Skopar on your pentax is like dating a mysterous and sensual french woman...... a pentax 20mm whatever is the girl next door you grew up with. Both ok choices I guess....

you're right..... one might leave you broken and bleeding in a dark alley, while the other lets you walk her to the front door and no further....

(:
04-11-2020, 11:56 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hm, never thought about it that way, but on hindsight I have been very happy that the pentax lady DA21 was out of stock at the time I decided to buy.......She didn't left my heart broken for long....
Attached Images

Last edited by FotoGekko; 04-12-2020 at 12:21 AM. Reason: typo
04-12-2020, 12:11 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FotoGekko Quote
Hm, never thought about it that way, but on hindsight I have been very happy that the pentax lady DA21 was out of stock at the time I decided to buy.......She didn't let my heart broken for long....
Don't know about the Pentax offerings, but apart form the rendering another nice feature of the Voigt is the close focus distance of 20 cm (this one is crop)
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
04-12-2020, 12:13 AM - 1 Like   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
you're right..... one might leave you broken and bleeding in a dark alley, while the other lets you walk her to the front door and no further....

(:
neither of those sound good.... no wonder you buy so many lenses looking for the right girl....
04-18-2020, 06:23 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks pepperberry farm for those further samples, looks good !
Good to know about close focus PhotoGekko

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote

Well, I'm french so the girl next door could very well be that mysterious french woman