Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
04-19-2020, 01:08 AM   #1

Anyone Identify this mount

I have been told by some this is a Pentax fitting others have said no can anyone help (Got it given from a house clearance)

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
KSA-LX9  Photo 
04-19-2020, 01:23 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Fairly sure that's Contax/Yashica ... see 35mm SLR Lens mount identification guide ? West Yorkshire Cameras
04-19-2020, 01:28 AM   #3

Original Poster
Sorry Lens is a Vitacon 60-300
04-19-2020, 02:25 AM   #4

Not a Pentax K mount: no opening for the locking pin on the mount face, notch on the bayonet tab for the lens lock instead. If there is a notch possible mounts could be Konica, Minolta, Contax/Yashica and some others.

04-19-2020, 03:08 AM   #5

if it's a Pentax not one I've seen before.
04-19-2020, 03:22 AM - 2 Likes   #6
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm 99% convinced that's a Minolta MD mount
04-19-2020, 07:53 AM - 1 Like   #7

I don't think it is Minolta. The SR (commonly called MC or MD) mount has only on lever inside the mount. The aperture information is set by a tab on the edge of the ring.

From the blog linked above I'd say it is a Contax/Yashica mount. Note: the above mentioned blog: "look for the position of the notch cut out of one of the bayonets. On C/Y lenses, it's on the left of the bayonet."

Here's an additional mount ID guide:
SLR Lens Mount Identification Guide

04-19-2020, 07:58 AM   #8
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
I don't think it is Minolta. The SR (commonly called MC or MD) mount has only on lever inside the mount. The aperture information is set by a tab on the edge of the ring.

From the blog linked above I'd say it is a Contax/Yashica mount. Note: the above mentioned blog: "look for the position of the notch cut out of one of the bayonets. On C/Y lenses, it's on the left of the bayonet."

On closer inspection, I believe you're right. Good spot 👍
04-19-2020, 05:55 PM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The differences between Contax-Yashica, Konica and Minolta mounts always trip me up. So I made a reference photo of the three. Each lens is oriented in the same direction - the "tops" (depth of field scales) are pointing down.

Name:  IMGP2694 g2 11.JPG
Views: 164
Size:  504.4 KB
04-20-2020, 01:08 AM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote

I've finally found someone else who knows that there's no such thing as a Minolta MD or MC mount and that it's called the SR mount. I'm not alone!
04-20-2020, 01:18 AM   #11
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
I've finally found someone else who knows that there's no such thing as a Minolta MD or MC mount and that it's called the SR mount. I'm not alone!
I'm sure plenty folks know it's the SR mount, but they refer to it as MC or MD is because of the differences in generations of that mount...