Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2020, 06:12 AM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
If you could post an image you took at the widest angle and one at the narrowest angle, we would have an Idea about the range of the lens. There are many, many, many zoom lenses for K-mount. Probably thousands. So if it was not Pentax (likely with a 55mm thread). It would be neigh impossible to Identify. We could advise you on alternatives though.
Yep, if it's a manual-focus standard zoom (likely, with a ~10 cm length) there are droves of very nice, affordable lenses around. And here at Pentaxforums, we're great at spending other people's money!

05-16-2020, 06:46 AM   #17
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
. . . . And here at Pentaxforums, we're great at spending other people's money!
what ???

yeah we are
05-16-2020, 01:36 PM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
Curious about your name. I am in Minneapolis so wondering about the MN.
You might have a craigslist email saved.
Yes, I am in the Twin Cities. Minneapolis side.

---------- Post added 05-16-20 at 01:40 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Sidney Porter Quote
To zoom did you left to right or right to left? Or was it a push pull?
It had push pull

---------- Post added 05-16-20 at 01:48 PM ----------

I think this might be the one. It looked like this. Do the specs sound right for what I described??

Tokina AT-X 60-120mm F2.8
05-16-2020, 02:14 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The Tokina AT-X 60-120mm f/2.8 does have a 55mm filter diameter and the size is similar to what you described.

Tokina AT-X 60-120mm F2.8 Lens Reviews - Tokina Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

Finding another one of them might take a while. There is only one on the bay at the moment and it is not a good one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AS-IS-Tokina-AT-X-60-120mm-F2-8-For-Canon-FD-From-J...8/184276055610

05-16-2020, 02:51 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Well, the filter thread is 55mm, so that's the cap size you mentioned. It is roughly 4 1/2 inches long. Max diameter is roughly 2 1/2 inches.

The thing is, does it look like the lens you had? Did it have a roughly "normal view" to a "telephoto view" to the images you took? That's what the Tokina 60-120 would give you.
05-16-2020, 02:55 PM - 1 Like   #21
Pentaxian

I am not saying it is this lens but I have one I bought 4 years ago and never use. If you want it you could have it. I am off Theo Park next to North Memorial Hospital. I am processing a panorama of the park from yesterdays weather now.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/sears-80-200mm-f4-macro.html
05-17-2020, 03:17 AM   #22
UMC

QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
Finding another one of them might take a while. There is only one on the bay at the moment and it is not a good one.
Well, there is one for sale in Germany right now: TOKINA AT-X 2,8/60-120 PENTAX K BAJONETT - SHC Art. 758077 | eBay

The price is not a bargain, but the seller accepts offers.
05-18-2020, 04:16 AM   #23

Original Poster
Dropbox - pics - Simplify your life

Those are pictures of the actual prints of each photo so I apologize for quality. I donít have a scanner.

---------- Post added 05-18-20 at 04:19 AM ----------

I am not saying it is this lens but I have one I bought 4 years ago and never use. If you want it you could have it. I am off Theo Park next to North Memorial Hospital. I am processing a panorama of the park from yesterdays weather now.
Sears 80-200mm F4 Macro Lens Reviews - Miscellaneous Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database
I would love to come pick it up!! Email me at jennifereverhousr@gmail.com to work out the details. Thank so much!!

---------- Post added 05-18-20 at 04:22 AM ----------

Sears 80-200mm F4 Macro Lens Reviews - Miscellaneous Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database
would love to come pick it up!! Send me a private message to work out the details. Thanks!!!!

---------- Post added 05-18-20 at 04:49 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
If you could post an image you took at the widest angle and one at the narrowest angle, we would have an Idea about the range of the lens. There are many, many, many zoom lenses for K-mount. Probably thousands. So if it was not Pentax (likely with a 55mm thread). It would be neigh impossible to Identify. We could advise you on alternatives though.
Lens - Google Photos

05-18-2020, 07:38 AM   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JenjenMN Quote
Lens - Google Photos
You are showing me a RMC Tokina 35-70mm 1:4 but it is in Canon FD mount. Is this the lens you are talking about? https://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/tokina-rmc-35-70mm-f4-constant.html