Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2021, 04:34 PM - 3 Likes   #16

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Here is the set up with my M50 1.7, I really like the look I have to confess.

Attached Images

02-10-2021, 06:24 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Password1234 Quote
I really like the look I have to confess.
Good looking combo and great product shot. Love the lighting.
02-10-2021, 11:55 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Good to see that it worked out.
02-10-2021, 04:11 PM   #19

Original Poster
With the exposure knob of the xe1 and the aperture ring, it's pretty much like using a film camera. When i want to use my Manual lens it's my go to camera if my film camera does not have the proper film for the situation. Now I need to start hoarding m42 lenses...

02-11-2021, 02:41 PM   #20
Pentaxian

I have been thinking of getting this setup for using my Pentax full-frame glass on Fujifilm X bodies. It looks like the Takumar 135/2.5 does not mount properly? Like it is mounted 90-degrees wrong. Did you have any issue with aligning/mounting the lens with this combo?
02-11-2021, 06:27 PM   #21

Original Poster
The speedmaster adapter is very well made but the Pentax to EOS ring I bought is not on the same league so I might not have turn it all the way that time but I've not had issues with the lens I adapted. As far as I know the only issue might be with lenses that have an optical element recessing too much from the back of the mount but my 50 and 135 does not.
02-12-2021, 12:27 AM   #22
Pentaxian

The speedmaster adapter is very well made but the Pentax to EOS ring I bought is not on the same league so I might not have turn it all the way that time but I've not had issues with the lens I adapted. As far as I know the only issue might be with lenses that have an optical element recessing too much from the back of the mount but my 50 and 135 does not.
@Password1234 - Thanks for the reply! I have a Lens Turbo II for M42 -> Fuji X so that one I am familiar and happy with.
Some years back I had the chance to try a combo similar to yours, but with another speed booster. There the aperture lever would come in contact with the booster, but this sounds and seems promising!

02-12-2021, 06:55 AM   #23

Original Poster
Do you remember wich lens it was ? It would be nice to have a list a compatible lenses, and a list of lenses to avoid.
02-12-2021, 07:07 AM   #24
Pentaxian

Here are some pictures with the 135 attached, and a couple sample of the 135
Here is the set up with my M50 1.7, I really like the look I have to confess.
When I started to read your original post I was going to suggest a simpler PK->FX adapter with no aperture control. I have both because before I started buying native Fujifilm lenses I needed to use Pentax DA ones, such as the 21mm Limited, to get a wider field of view on my X-M1. The simpler one is a bit better made and I prefer using it when I don't need aperture control.

I looked into speed-booster options but they weren't that plentiful and I was already used to the APS-C crop, though I enjoy using film too. On the face of it, this looks like a good solution. I've seen some real Frankenstein camera/adapter/lens combos but on your one the PK to EOS is barely visible. What I'd really like to know is how much of an impact the extra element has on image quality.
02-12-2021, 07:38 AM   #25
Pentaxian

Do you remember wich lens it was ? It would be nice to have a list a compatible lenses, and a list of lenses to avoid.
I tested with several lenses, but for sure the FA Limiteds.I had issue with all lenses though, but the speedbooster was one of the Fringer EF->FX (unsure what version) so the issue was general with that booster.
02-12-2021, 02:27 PM   #26

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
What I'd really like to know is how much of an impact the extra element has on image quality.
I did not notice any serious issues, to be honest I did not notice any at all but I did not really bench test the lens or made any side by side comparison with the speedbooster vs the dumb adapter. I could do some test shots if you're interested but it would be interior shots, it's -20°C outside...
02-16-2021, 04:02 AM   #27
Pentaxian

I did not notice any serious issues, to be honest I did not notice any at all but I did not really bench test the lens or made any side by side comparison with the speedbooster vs the dumb adapter. I could do some test shots if you're interested but it would be interior shots, it's -20°C outside...
Don't bother for my sake, it's not a road I'm likely to go down. I shoot film when I want my lenses to have the field of view they were originally designed for.
02-17-2021, 12:36 AM   #28
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DonThomaso Quote
I have been thinking of getting this setup for using my Pentax full-frame glass on Fujifilm X bodies. It looks like the Takumar 135/2.5 does not mount properly? Like it is mounted 90-degrees wrong. Did you have any issue with aligning/mounting the lens with this combo?
It is probably the K to EOS adapter. They mount the lens at an offset to ensure that the aperture lever clears the mirror on EOS crop frame bodies.
07-20-2021, 11:20 AM - 1 Like   #29
Veteran Member

Thank you so much for this thread.

I recently bought an XT2 hoping for an exact setup just like yours. I'll be testing a few lenses I have and sharing the results when I can. Primarily I'll be testing the A 50mm 1.2, the FA 43mm Ltd, and the Rikenon 55 1.2. Here's to hoping that the rear protruding elements of the ultra fast 50s don't hit anything.
07-25-2021, 09:26 AM - 1 Like   #30
Veteran Member

FA 43mm Limited, A 50mm 1.2 both fit

Rikenon 55 1.2 rear element collides with Lens turbo grouping and cannot infinity focus.