Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-11-2011, 08:29 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aliasant Quote
Congrats. Thats one hell of a lens Even without the extender.

I have seen the original hood once but lost that bid
Now I use a generic rubber hood at the moment and it works ok.
Thanks for the reply aliasant. Yeah the lens rocks my socks!

I tried a B+W rubber hood and felt it really didn't do it justice, but perhaps I should try the Hoya.

I think in general I prefer the metal hoods, if for nothing else the fact that they don't catch on my case when I try to put the lens/camera back in my bag.

01-11-2011, 09:15 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
spring is fast approaching. so I should be out of my hole by March and use the 90mm for macro work.
01-25-2011, 01:55 AM   #18

I bought this fantastic lens (with extender) at the end of October. Can't wait to try it during spring for flowers, insects and so on! It's the sharpest lens I own.
01-25-2011, 07:50 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dobbe Quote
It's the sharpest lens I own.
Maybe the sharpest anybody owns, I don't know. The level of detail mine captures amazes me. Enjoy!

01-25-2011, 08:53 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah this thing is incredible...I'll be posting pictures soon, but man talk about razor sharp and razor thin DOF at the same time!
11-26-2014, 04:47 PM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by kathyk Quote
Since you'd recoup or even make some money if you decide to sell, maybe you could pick it up, compare to Sigma and then decide. All the photos I've seen from the Tokina 90/2.5 AT-X have been magnificent.
Hope you are doing good. I understand this is a very old thread but still trying my luck .

You mentioned that you have a Tokina Macro Extender suited for Tokina 90 2.5 bokina... would you please let me know if you still got it?
11-27-2014, 12:31 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Umesh Quote
Hope you are doing good. I understand this is a very old thread but still trying my luck .

You mentioned that you have a Tokina Macro Extender suited for Tokina 90 2.5 bokina... would you please let me know if you still got it?
I've got a KA version of the extender that I'm considering selling. Unfortunately the main part of my bokina was stolen last year.

11-27-2014, 02:35 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by OrenMc Quote
When I first started out looking for a macro lens this is the one I originally wanted but every time it popped up on the bay it went for some ridiculous price. Its rated as on of the top macro lenses at photodo as 4.6.
Anyway, I have found one selling for $200 without the extender. LBA has reared its ugly head. I could sell my Sigma but not sure if thats a good idea. I don't mind the manual focus thing, but I like the 1:1 when I need it.

Is this lens as stellar as its made out to be. I know everyone says its the same lens as the Vivitar S1 90.

I just don't know if the trade off will be worth it. I love my Sigma, its easy to use and bokeh is creamy smooth.

Heeellllp!
Congratulations on your purchase! I saw two PK/A auctions on ebay in last several days for this marvel piece. I did not bid high as I have already got one...
11-27-2014, 02:55 PM - 1 Like   #24
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm sure its a great lens, but most macro lenses in that focal range are. Even the "cheaper" Tamron 90mm delivers great shots, and true 1:1 magnification. The Sigma 105 is another good one, as are the Pentax 100mm (the older versions with focus limiter and focus clamp, or the latest fancy-looking WR version with no aperture ring). I think any of us would struggle to identify which of these lenses was used for a given photo. Just sayin