Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-09-2020, 04:05 PM - 4 Likes   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Auto Revuenon 50 1.4

I haven't seen very many images from this lens, and I myself had largely ignored it until I purchased a K1.

This has now become one of my very favorite lens, one I had planned to exercise this past weekend for a planned portrait shoot that got rained out. It's got a special glow at 1.4, and I love the softness it delivers while maintaining detail. And that bokeh, like melting butter!
I'm pretty sure it will be a marvelous lens for portraiture, and bonus it works well with the Pentax 1.7TC for adding auto-focus capabilities. Examples follow. All the "85's" are from that combo and most wide open. The 4th one, butterfly bush flowers, is a 100% crop, as is the second image.

By the way this is the 8-blade version

EDIT: The last one is our puppy Bella. My wife loves every pic I take of her, so she makes a great excuse for a new lens purchase.
This is an old lens I've had for years. But imagine the pictures of her with an 85 1.4!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Last edited by gatorguy; 06-09-2020 at 05:16 PM.
06-09-2020, 05:34 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Care to post this in the image archive thread for the lens. We are alsays looking for samples
06-09-2020, 05:36 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
Care to post this in the image archive thread for the lens. We are alsays looking for samples
Will do.
06-09-2020, 05:57 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Seems like it would be good for portraits, especially on crop due, to restriction of the field of view. This K-mount or M42? Wondering who actually made it as it could have been a number of manufacturers.

06-09-2020, 06:04 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pres589 Quote
Seems like it would be good for portraits, especially on crop due, to restriction of the field of view. This K-mount or M42? Wondering who actually made it as it could have been a number of manufacturers.
K-mount, 8 blade. I've occasionally seen copies but it's rare. Mine came from Eastern Europe.

I don't know what you mean about restricted field of view though unless you mean it's relatively short. I've included a couple of shots with the Pentax 1.7 auto-focus TC which essentially makes it an 85 while maintaining that buttery bokeh and wonderfully isolation.
06-09-2020, 06:12 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I was referring to shooting a 50 on a crop body is sort of like shooting a 75mm on a full-frame camera. The restriction of field of view that comes with a crop sensor.
06-09-2020, 09:34 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pres589 Quote
I was referring to shooting a 50 on a crop body is sort of like shooting a 75mm on a full-frame camera. The restriction of field of view that comes with a crop sensor.
I envision a crop sensor with the scene projected through the lens on the sensor and beyond with a police man putting up yellow tape around the sensor saying, "nothing to see here."