Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 210 Likes Search this Thread
07-04-2020, 12:36 PM   #106
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ThorSanchez Quote
I know I switched my entire system to Leica yesterday because I came to this thread looking for information on the DFA* 84 1.4, and instead got posts complaining about thread hijacking.
Well then, it's been nice knowing you...

07-04-2020, 02:11 PM   #107
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
It definitely makes a person think twice about posting comparison shots of any kind. Most of us aren't scientific in the ways in which we shoot, but you post a couple of comparison shots between lenses and people suddenly start noticing tiny differences. "I notice lens 'a' had 1/100 second exposure and lens 'b' 1/120 second exposure." or whatever.

I have always been of the perspective that if something isn't in the critique section and I can't think of something nice to say, I probably shouldn't say anything (I think my Mama taught me that), but I guess internet fora are a different sort of place than a family's kitchen table...
Hmmm - just posted another unscientific comparison before I read your post ... different exposure time ...

If people are interested in a one case comparison of DA15Ltd. and DA*11-18@15 they may have a look here (Pentax Forums KP thread).
07-05-2020, 12:56 AM - 3 Likes   #108
Pentaxian

We all live in our little egocentric ecosystems wanting to proof that our view is correct, digging deep to identify arguments pro or contra. The *50 was accepted in flight by a large crowd, the *85 not yet. It does everything very well what can be expected. Time to buy and try - price and size will hold back the crowd in this case. The new lens does not replace any existing lens, it is an additional offering, probably the best to show the rest of the world that Pentax is still a serious camera/lens manufacturer.
07-24-2020, 06:39 PM   #109
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
So, Stephen's a loss to these forums, I think. Here he's written a review for PetaPixel, he could've written for us:

Review: Pentax D FA* 85mm Doesn't Compromise on Image Quality

07-24-2020, 06:48 PM   #110
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
So, Stephen's a loss to these forums, I think. Here he's written a review for PetaPixel, he could've written for us:

Review: Pentax D FA* 85mm Doesn't Compromise on Image Quality
Wait, I remember those shots from few weeks back. He left the forum? What happened?