Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-10-2020, 07:37 AM - 1 Like   #46
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Well, it's neither a Pentax nor a Tokina, so it's most likely going to be a single use panic button
Now there's just gonna be a week or so of waiting, international mail can take a while.
I better be seeing some tele-landscapes soon.

(You guys do have mountains over there, right? )

07-16-2020, 06:18 AM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Welp, the Sigma is here (After a 12 km bike ride to pick it up because the delivery person didn't even bother ringing my apartment ) and the first impression is... it's very light! Weighs in at 820 g so if feels great on the K-1

I took some random test shots and there is pretty big purple fringing near infinity against the sun wide open (duh), but honestly? It looks fairly sharp, I can actually carry it while hiking and it focuses past infinity so I'm one Bahtinov mask away from getting that Astrotracer some action. I'll get some sample shots laterTM
07-16-2020, 06:25 AM   #48
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welp, the Sigma is here (After a 12 km bike ride to pick it up because the delivery person didn't even bother ringing my apartment ) and the first impression is... it's very light! Weighs in at 820 g so if feels great on the K-1

I took some random test shots and there is pretty big purple fringing near infinity against the sun wide open (duh), but honestly? It looks fairly sharp, I can actually carry it while hiking and it focuses past infinity so I'm one Bahtinov mask away from getting that Astrotracer some action. I'll get some sample shots laterTM
I know you posted which one it was before but I didn't see it right off.
07-16-2020, 06:33 AM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
I know you posted which one it was before but I didn't see it right off.
So it's the non-APO MF version of this one, in... graphite? Gunmetal? Gray. It's a gray lens (exactly like the third one pictured actually).

07-16-2020, 06:36 AM   #50
Loyal Site Supporter

So it's the non-APO MF version of this one, in... graphite? Gunmetal? Gray. It's a gray lens (exactly like the third one pictured actually).
Well hey, enjoy! I'll be watching for some of your shots from it. Steady hands!
07-16-2020, 06:53 AM   #51
Pentaxian

Awesome! A whole new world of photography is now opened up
07-19-2020, 04:50 AM   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Awesome! A whole new world of photography is now opened up
And it's a hard one This thing is hard to tame, focus can be flicked with the tip of the pinky and it's hard to nail it. But, honestly, I'm happy. Bokeh ain't half bad at all either.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
07-19-2020, 11:42 AM   #53
Loyal Site Supporter

And it's a hard one This thing is hard to tame, focus can be flicked with the tip of the pinky and it's hard to nail it. But, honestly, I'm happy. Bokeh ain't half bad at all either.
Yes, focus can be tricky on those long lenses. I had an M400 Pentax a couple years ago and you have to have steady hands, or a monopod/tripod for best results. Another hint, you'll need to change exposure compensation too as your lens will tend to result in darker pictures than the shorter and faster lenses you're more accustomed to.

Those two pictures you posted look great by the way.

07-19-2020, 11:50 AM - 1 Like   #54
Pentaxian

Great start! I think you'll come to really like the subject isolation one can do with a 4oomm lens