Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-18-2020, 09:14 AM   #1

Lens Mount Help

Hello, I found this lens (Vivitar wide-angle 17-28mm) at a yard sale for a $1. Couldn't pass it up. I purchased a OM adapter for PK but it does not seem to fit the lens.
Could anyone help me 1) verify the lens mount type and/or 2) tell me what I can do to use this lens on my k10d?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Edit:
here is the URL for the image, not sure why it's not displaying

Last edited by hcubillos; 08-18-2020 at 01:17 PM. Reason: added image url
08-18-2020, 10:03 AM   #2
Pentaxian

This image found on Amazon may help. Unfortunately your picture isn't showing
08-18-2020, 10:32 AM   #3
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
as kypfer stated, it could be the shield

a review of this article might be of help

QuoteQuote:
. . . The other trap is the shield that protects the aperture stop down lever. The image to the left shows what the shield should look like and does look like on a genuine Pentax lens. Some older third party lenses have a much larger shield which prevents mounting the lens on a Pentax DSLR. Current third party lenses (Sigma, Tamron, Rokinon, etc.) have correctly shaped shields (or no shields) and pose no problem.
Read more at: The Evolution of the Pentax K-mount - Articles and Tips | PentaxForums.com