Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-31-2020, 04:12 PM   #1

Lens Mount Question

Hey all,

I've been lurking here a while and finally got sufficiently motivated to join. I'm kind of new to digital photography, and still making newbie mistakes. I bought an old film lens online, 28mm f2.8 which came in the original box. The box was labeled for Pentax mount, so I assumed either M42 or K-mount, but I appear to have been wrong on both counts. What I get for assuming. Now, I'd like to figure out what kind of mount it does have so I can see if an adapter would be available to salvage my purchase (and maybe some shreds of my pride). The lens is branded accura Diamatic and from other images found online appears to be a re-branded Cosinon Auto 28mm f2.8, but does not have an M42 mount. I've included a few images below. Pictures taken with my Fuji X-T1 using my SMC Pentax 55 borrowed from the K1000. Any takers on the lens mount style shown below?

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X-T1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
X-T1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
X-T1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
X-T1  Photo 
08-31-2020, 04:50 PM   #2

It looks like it might have some sort of adapter on it, possibly an M42 to Minolta SR (MD). Have you tried unscrewing the bayonet portions (it has knurled ridges on the edge against the lens base as well as a red alignment mark)?
08-31-2020, 04:56 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The notch on the flange is the same as a Minolta MD Mount but other details are off. If it does have a Minolta adapter, as 'Not A Number' suggests, that comes off, you can get an m42 Pentax adapter. Read the faq on how to use m42 lenses on modern dslr cameras.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/articles/photo-articles/adapt-and-rediscover-ch...ge-lenses.html

Last edited by davidreilly3207; 08-31-2020 at 05:03 PM.
08-31-2020, 05:47 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would note that the Minolta adapter has a damaged tang and should not be mounted to any camera you care about.

Steve

09-02-2020, 07:09 PM - 1 Like   #5

Original Poster
Thanks muchly

Just wanted to close the loop on this question I posted a couple of days ago. Answers from Not a Number, stevebrot, and davidreilly3207 were spot on. It did have an adapter which with some persuasion I was able to get off, exposing M42 threads. I have it on an adapter and have started experimenting with it. I'll post some pics elsewhere in the forums if I get some good ones. Thank you so much, guys.