Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
09-05-2020, 10:54 AM   #1

white point on the lens

hello, I need help with the white point on the lens. Any idea what this white spot might be? Could it be -balsam seperation-? Thanks!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 7  Photo 
09-05-2020, 10:55 AM - 1 Like   #2
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
welcome to the forums

you will find friendly members and a lot of knowledge here

unfortunately I cannot help but

does it affect your photos or the operation of the lens

if not, perhaps you shouldn't be concerned ?
09-05-2020, 11:22 AM   #3

Original Poster
thank you so much.
I've been following the forum for a long time. But I never wrote because I'm not very good at english It has no effect on the photo but it doesn't look like fungus. There is no problem with the coating. I've never seen such a thing. I hope it's not something that hurts the lens
09-05-2020, 05:42 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have no experience but I did a Google image search on balsam separation, and a few photos do look similar. Hopefully somebody with direct knowledge will respond.

09-06-2020, 12:21 PM - 1 Like   #5

Photos: Gallery
Hi,

It looks like the white spot is on the first element. If that is true, then it can't be balsam separation because the only cemented elements are the 4th and 5th (counting from the front of the lens). See: SMC/S-M-C/Super Takumar 50mm F1.4 Reviews - M42 Screwmount Normal Primes - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

I have no qualifications to judge whether it is fungus or not. But if it isn't, then what else could it be???