Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-07-2008, 03:26 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Leica lenses on Pentax

Hey

Not to boast but I've been using Leica for more than a decade now, the M system that is.
I always wanted to keep on using my M lenses on a digital body then the M8 came, was too expensive and I got a Pentax system.

But the idea never left me: using Leica lenses on a digital body.

As I hate Canon and wouldn't switch, I just kept on waiting, knowing that someone would have the same idea as mine, and the talent to create a magic ring.

There it is : Leica & Pentax | Leitax

See for yourself.

I am tired of looking for a Pentax 24mm* and maybe will use an Elmarit instead.

Hope this will give a new life to those forgotten R lenses, it will sure make competition stiffer on getting them, but hey!!!

Last edited by Substitute; 11-07-2008 at 03:36 AM.
11-07-2008, 04:37 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi,

This hack just looks great !

Please post photos ! How does it compare to the best Pentax primes ?

Regards,
Guillaume
11-07-2008, 04:44 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well Leica Rs are exceptionnal lenses, now I haven't compared to all Pentax primes (could be done btw) but I have a feeling they will at the very least be equivalent...
Thing is some of the Pentax primes are hard to get by...Rs are much more common!

Last edited by Substitute; 11-07-2008 at 04:49 AM.
11-07-2008, 05:48 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Doesn't look too complicated or pricey. If you have R lenses to spare, go for it.

11-07-2008, 06:08 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow! May have to consider this. Have a R tele some where. Will have to look it up. Like the fact that it can be put back to factory if needed.
thanks
barondla

Check out POINT & SHOOT CONTEST #12 WINNERS in P&S forum. Enter #13. Any brand camera.
11-07-2008, 06:31 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ghelary Quote
Hi,

This hack just looks great !

Please post photos ! How does it compare to the best Pentax primes ?

Regards,
Guillaume
interesting this topic came up now. I was prowling through camera stores a couple of weeks ago, and came across a fellow pentaxian, who also shot leica back in the 1980's

He told me a story where the store owner, back in the 1980's challenged him to go out and shoot identical shots with his Pentax and with a loanded out leica, and that upon reviewing the shots, he would be able to tell every shot made by a leica.

In the end, after reviewing every shot, every shot where the store owner declared a leica took the shot, it was actually the pentax.

I have no idea whether this is true or not, just a story I heard.
11-12-2008, 05:02 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
well, only need to give it a try...
If you have some R lenses then it's easy to give it a go.