Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-07-2023, 10:58 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Medex Quote
Hello, Lloyd,

I have tried older FA*85/1,4 on K-3III as well as on K-3 monochrome (debayered) sensor.
Probably 85 mm on crop is not the best choice for portrait because communication between photographer and model is already difficult due to distance.
In any other optical aspect DFA* 85/1.4 is perfect lens.

Medex
Hi Medex,

I thought I replied to this post, but I don't see it here. Your advice about being closer to the subject is very good. I appreciate everything you have told me about the 85, and appreciate your examples of what the 50 can do. Thanks to you and to some others who have helped me, I have purchased the HD Pentax-D FA* 50mm F1.4 SDM AW. If you have any advice on how best to adapt this lens to my K3 iii crop camera, please share.

Cheers,
Loyd

02-05-2023, 04:47 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi Folks,
I posted this inquiry on a forum to do with the DFA*85. It probably belongs on this thread. Here is what I asked:

I have the DFA* 50mm 1.4, and it makes a peculiar noise when auto-focusing on both my K3 and my K3 III. Without the lens hood, the sound is a subdued clicking as the lens tries to determine distance to the subject. With the lens hood, the clicking (rapid ticking?) sound is much louder and the search seems more frantic. I believe the noise originates in the part of the barrel where distance is displayed in feet and meters through a plastic window. I can watch through the plastic window as the lens rapidly and fractionally adjusts the distance ring. This is a brand-new lens. Can anyone explain what is happening?

Cheers,
Loyd