Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
11-04-2020, 09:24 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Apet-Sure Quote
The year was 2000. We were in Washington state to celebrate my aunt & uncle's 50th wedding anniversary. We drove up to Mount St. Helens. I was literally stunned at the jaw-dropping vistas of devastation still evident 20 years after the eruption. Words can't describe. I was shooting film, thrilled to capture this once-in-a-lifetime experience, on a bright sunny day. The Johnston Ridge observatory was at some elevation; around 6000 feet I think. Later on, when I got the prints back, every shot at MSH was badly fogged. I had forgotten to use a UV filter.
Oh wow, I would be on the same boat, I'd actually junked most UV filters that came with preowned lenses thinking I'd never use them. I still keep a few pentax film bodies around for when I need to scratch that nostalgia itch.

11-05-2020, 09:10 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by FotoPete Quote
I'd actually junked most UV filters that came with preowned lenses thinking I'd never use them. I still keep a few pentax film bodies around for when I need to scratch that nostalgia itch.
I don't shoot film anymore. I'm sure I have some UV filters, probably 49mm and 52mm, and you're welcome to them for the cost of postage. PM me.