Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-10-2008, 09:51 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Lens stepdown adapter from old parts - Is it possible?

Greetings

I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to make a step down adapter from a Canon Flange to a Pentax, by using old lens parts. I have parts from a pentax 28mm and a 80-200 zoom to work with.

Best regards.
V

11-10-2008, 12:24 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The biggest issue is the mechanical interface causes the lens to lose the ability to focus to infinity because it increases the space between the lens mount and film plane.

There are a couple of things you could try,

first, would be to purchase a couple of teleconverters, and see if you could, for example swap mounts so you would have a canon to pentax and pentax to canon.

You would however, be doubling focal length and probably at the cost of automatic apature, unless yoou are good making small mechanical parts.

Second, check out jinfinance. They make a nikon to pentax adaptor with optical correction for the loss of infinity focus.

I have thought of things like this on and off but never saw the purpose in the end. Your situation may differ, but the only lenses I want are things faster than F2.8 since I have 28-200mm covered at F2.8 with my tamron 28-75 and sigma 70-200.

I'm looking for high quality fast primes, and would rather deal with screw mount than playing with an adaptor like this.
11-10-2008, 12:26 PM   #3

do you mean to make an adapter to put a pentax lens onto a canon body?

This is perfectly feasible, but adapters to do this are available cheaply on Fleabay.

For the full story, google lens register distance. This will give you all the info you need.

Hope that helps.
11-10-2008, 03:46 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by keithlester Quote
do you mean to make an adapter to put a pentax lens onto a canon body?

This is perfectly feasible, but adapters to do this are available cheaply on Fleabay.

For the full story, google lens register distance. This will give you all the info you need.

Hope that helps.

Well I'm actually trying to increase flange distance in order to use canon lens on a pentax. trying to give use to old stuff on the attic