Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 36 Likes Search this Thread
11-24-2020, 06:30 PM - 1 Like   #46
Pentaxian

Original Poster
The 15 Limited I'd had my eye on has sold. I figured it was likely to, given its price. Oh well!

11-24-2020, 07:01 PM   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Thagomizer Quote
The 15 Limited I'd had my eye on has sold. I figured it was likely to, given its price. Oh well!
Analysis Paralysis.
11-24-2020, 11:39 PM   #48
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Analysis Paralysis.
I more think of it as my brain freezing my body so I don't waste my money on things I don't need.
11-25-2020, 09:04 AM - 1 Like   #49
Pentaxian

Original Poster
It's more still waiting on the money than anything else. I don't want to spend until I know I've got the funds available. The overlap in hours that the place I'm trying to sell stuff to and when I'm available to get there when I'm not working is not good, Saturdays only. They are only taking in items by appointment, and they're already booking for 2021! So I wait a bit longer...

Last edited by Thagomizer; 11-25-2020 at 09:09 AM.
11-25-2020, 11:15 AM - 3 Likes   #50
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I've racked up some extra hours at work, so I do have a bit of money to play with without selling off surplus stuff. I've decided to succumb to the siren song of the Tamron 72B Adaptall 90mm f2.8 Macro. I don't mind manual focus, and I get something a bit longer that does 1:1 natively. It should play well with my Raynox and my Vivitar 2XMacro Focusing TC.

So that's my next lens! Limited will have to wait for now. Thank you everyone for the input and advice!
11-25-2020, 12:09 PM   #51
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

I've racked up some extra hours at work, so I do have a bit of money to play with without selling off surplus stuff. I've decided to succumb to the siren song of the Tamron 72B Adaptall 90mm f2.8 Macro. I don't mind manual focus, and I get something a bit longer that does 1:1 natively. It should play well with my Raynox and my Vivitar 2XMacro Focusing TC.

So that's my next lens! Limited will have to wait for now. Thank you everyone for the input and advice!

love my copy of the 72B....
11-25-2020, 12:49 PM   #52
Veteran Member

I'm glad you are finally decided for your next lens, even if you didn't follow my advice.

I'm also decided for my own next lens, but I am still struggling to find the lens that will be next this one.

11-25-2020, 12:53 PM   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums

So... See you next week for the next suggestion?

Just kidding, just kidding . Congrats on the purchase!
11-25-2020, 01:46 PM - 1 Like   #54
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
love my copy of the 72B....
Looking at your results and reading your evaluation helped.

---------- Post added 11-25-20 at 03:50 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Bertrand3000 Quote
I'm glad you are finally decided for your next lens, even if you didn't follow my advice.

I'm also decided for my own next lens, but I am still struggling to find the lens that will be next this one.
The PLM is certainly still on my list, but the Tamron was a one-off at too good a price to pass up. I probably bought it out from under somebody else who'd made an offer, which was listed as "under consideration", by clicking on the "Buy It Now" button. I'm not so much of a bidding or bargaining person, so BIN works fine for me. The PLM I would likely be getting new, so no hurry on it, or competition, as they're still being made. Most used prices I see for it are so close to new that new makes sense (unless and until I see a really good deal...)

---------- Post added 11-25-20 at 04:07 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
So... See you next week for the next suggestion?

Just kidding, just kidding . Congrats on the purchase!
It'll probably be a little longer than next week! The key is to have some funds set aside to be able to take advantage of good deals on used stuff as they arise, without having to wait and risk their being gone once I'm ready. This is my most likely path to a Limited. Deferred gratification is hard!

Thank you for the congratulations. I'm looking forward to see what it can do. The 52BB is very nice; this should do at least as well. Bugs are done for the year, but I should soon be able to try my hand at snowflakes!

Last edited by Thagomizer; 11-25-2020 at 02:16 PM.
11-25-2020, 02:10 PM   #55
Veteran Member

The PLM is certainly still on my list, but the Tamron was a one-off at too good a price to pass up. I probably bought it out from under somebody else who'd made an offer by clicking on But It Now. The PLM I would likely be getting new, so no hurry on it, as they're still being made.
Your reasoning is perfectly correct! That said, I mostly buy my lenses new rather than used, but the PLM is too costly for me. I bought mine used at a fantastic price because of a very lighty damaged front element. Despite this problem, this is a fantastic lens. Be sure not to miss it in the future.
11-25-2020, 06:48 PM   #56
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Looking at your results and reading your evaluation helped.

thank you...
11-25-2020, 11:07 PM   #57
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Enjoy your new lens, it is a nice lens by all accounts.
11-26-2020, 07:59 AM   #58
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Enjoy your new lens, it is a nice lens by all accounts.
Thanks! I'm sure I will, seeing what others have been able to do with it.
11-26-2020, 01:44 PM - 1 Like   #59
Pentaxian

The 72B might be acquiring a cult status that once was given to the "Bokina" - the Tokina 90mm f/2.5 Macro. When I see them on sale, sometimes people are asking more for it than for the Tamron 90mm F/2.8 Macro AF versions...
11-26-2020, 01:56 PM - 1 Like   #60
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
The 72B might be acquiring a cult status that once was given to the "Bokina" - the Tokina 90mm f/2.5 Macro. When I see them on sale, sometimes people are asking more for it than for the Tamron 90mm F/2.8 Macro AF versions...
Wait, isn't it optically the same as the 90/2.8 AF?