Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 36 Likes Search this Thread
11-26-2020, 02:34 PM   #61
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Wait, isn't it optically the same as the 90/2.8 AF?
it is the same optical formula....

11-26-2020, 02:42 PM   #62
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
The 72B might be acquiring a cult status that once was given to the "Bokina" - the Tokina 90mm f/2.5 Macro. When I see them on sale, sometimes people are asking more for it than for the Tamron 90mm F/2.8 Macro AF versions...
there are a couple of advantages the 72B has over the Bokina..

the 72B is a native 1:1 macro, while the Bokina is 1:2

the 72B is a composite, not metal, lens - it's lighter than the Bokina
11-26-2020, 03:43 PM   #63
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's probably going to be the 85mm f1.8 Takumar lens and the 15mm 2.8 fish-eye Canon lens(sorry Pentax),,,
11-26-2020, 04:22 PM   #64
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Thagomizer Quote
It's more still waiting on the money than anything else. I don't want to spend until I know I've got the funds available. The overlap in hours that the place I'm trying to sell stuff to and when I'm available to get there when I'm not working is not good, Saturdays only. They are only taking in items by appointment, and they're already booking for 2021! So I wait a bit longer...
Hi Thagomizer

Is not the market place right here also an option for selling the lenses ?

Dave

11-26-2020, 04:59 PM - 1 Like   #65
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Hi Thagomizer

Is not the market place right here also an option for selling the lenses ?

Dave
Good question.

My thoughts for using a local store (the owner of which I've dealt with before ) is that I don't have to worry about packing, insurance, Paypal, shipping, or anything else involved with selling online. He'll probably take it all at once, so I won't be selling items piecemeal. If he does take it, I'll be able to get cash. I know that what he pays me has to take into account his resale profit margin, meaning that it would be less than I could ask if I were selling it myself, but much of what I'm probably getting rid of I was given to me for free, so I'm ahead whatever I get for it. It's worth taking less to be free of the hassles that selling it myself would entail.

---------- Post added 11-26-20 at 07:14 PM ----------

The 72B might be acquiring a cult status that once was given to the "Bokina" - the Tokina 90mm f/2.5 Macro. When I see them on sale, sometimes people are asking more for it than for the Tamron 90mm F/2.8 Macro AF versions...
I picked mine up for CDN$139 (say about US$107) from a Canadian seller, so no import fees. It's coming with a PK mount, but I already have a PK-A Adaptall mount on my 52BB, so that's good. I'm not in the position where I can have Pepperberry Farm's favoured solution of a PK-A mount for each, but apart from my 55BB 500mm mirror (which doesn't need the A contacts in any case) they're my only Adaptalls.

---------- Post added 11-26-20 at 07:16 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
there are a couple of advantages the 72B has over the Bokina..

the 72B is a native 1:1 macro, while the Bokina is 1:2

the 72B is a composite, not metal, lens - it's lighter than the Bokina
Works for me! No MF/AF clutch to deal with either (which the 72B's AF stablemates seem to share with the MF/AF implementation of the Sigma 105 macro).
11-26-2020, 05:19 PM   #66
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Hi Thagomizer

The hassle factor .........
I only buy lenses have never tried to sell any ......... as was once said in a thread by whom I don't remember ............ What you sell lenses ?

Dave
11-26-2020, 05:44 PM   #67
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Hi Thagomizer

The hassle factor .........
I only buy lenses have never tried to sell any ......... as was once said in a thread by whom I don't remember ............ What you sell lenses ?

Dave
Ha! Yes, occasionally I get rid of ones I don't use so much, to help pay for ones I will. That's the hypothesis anyhow.

11-26-2020, 06:14 PM - 1 Like   #68
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Wait, isn't it optically the same as the 90/2.8 AF?
Yes but when have facts ever stopped people
11-26-2020, 11:42 PM   #69
Pentaxian

Yes but when have facts ever stopped people
It's insane, I picked up the blue ring model about a year ago for about 100 bucks while people were asking more than that for the MF version, sometimes up to 250 bucks.

Great lens btw, love mine. Super sharp and a great portrait lens to boot.