Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-23-2020, 11:22 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

70mm Ltd. Oily Aperture Blades

Hello,

Recently purchased a 70mm Ltd. as part of a package with a 15mm and 35mm Ltd. I gave them a quick look over, but discovered that the 70mm had some residue on the blades when I got home. Should I return it, or negotiate a different price?

Thanks for your input!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
11-24-2020, 05:47 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Oily blades are not usually a problem unless they're preventing the blades from opening and closing for a shot. I'd say try to negotiate a lower price because of the future servicing it'll need.

If there's no issues like decentering then I don't see a reason why a full return would be needed. Just my 2 cents.
11-24-2020, 08:51 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you like taking pictures in cold weather you will probably need to have it serviced.
11-24-2020, 12:38 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very oily blades are a bit of a problem, because they prevent the aperture from opening and closing nicely and quickly. If the conditions are “right” there’s a chance of haze in the lens, which would be a problem. There’s also a chance they don’t get to the exact spot you want, but I wouldn’t request a full refund if the price was low.