Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-12-2008, 06:03 PM   #1
Forum Member

MC hanimex automatic 28mm

I have a MC hanimex automatic 28mm would like to use it on my k200d
Just wondering how to set the camera up for it, looked in manual but didn't see anything about set up for this lense. Also tried to focus it but focusing light never came on. Just wonder if anyone else played around with these old things.

11-14-2008, 05:55 PM   #2
Forum Member

Original Poster
F stop keeps blinking

F stop keeps blinking and shutter will not work. Had it back to Henery's camera, two locations and it worked with there demo’s but when the took a new one out of the box to try it did not work again. Checked out Pentax book but didn’t see anything there except to put the camera in MF mode. Any Idea’s?
11-14-2008, 06:11 PM   #3

If the lens has an aperture ring but no A setting on it, then you need to enable use of the aperture ring via the Custom Settings. After that, the lens will be manual focus, the camera should teel you the picture is in focus with the focus confirmation icon in the viewfinder and a beep.
11-14-2008, 08:39 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks

Getting us to everything on and about the camera. Did not see that in the manual. DSLR are the way to go but to me harder than 35mm film camera's. I find it funny though that the shops, best around to boot could not help me. I guess camera's are like software packages every DSLR in the shop is a learning curve. It does go to show you though that Pentax is a very small part of sales because if it was Canon or Nikon they probably would know what to do. Still very happy with my new toy though.